Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
New England Met Spring Banter 2022

HoarfrostHubb

1 hour ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Charlie baker signaled he’d more than likely vote it through.

Its laughable to hear the democratic opposition in Mass saying it’s a “gimmick” and doesn’t provide real relief. Such a tone deaf comment right now with prices of everything soaring. If you can save families 20-30 bucks a week on gas, why not?

Very few would save $20-30/week.   Our taxes aren’t high enough. Costco still under $4/gallon.   Saving $20-30/ week would need a person using 100 gallons/week.   At 20 mpg that’s 2000 miles/week!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, weathafella said:

And my original post didn’t say they did.  I said governor proposed it and legislature said no.

And I said, as one who reads VT papers daily and has worked in state government for 28 years that I hadn’t heard that. Not that it couldn’t have happened, I just haven’t seen it reported anywhere. Just looking for the story because I have a somewhat vested interest living here. 

8 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Yep. A few times.

Had a freak accident yesterday, a twig stuck in my ear. Sure enough, my wife looked at it with a scope today, and there are 2 perorations in the ear drum.

What was the healing like? Supposedly there really isn’t anything to do for it, unless it gets infected or doesn’t heal after a while.

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Had a freak accident yesterday, a twig stuck in my ear. Sure enough, my wife looked at it with a scope today, and there are 2 perorations in the ear drum.

What was the healing like? Supposedly there really isn’t anything to do for it, unless it gets infected or doesn’t heal after a while.

Go to an ENT and have them take a look since it was a twig. Who knows if some germs already made their way in. I would wear a waterproof plug in that ear when showering while it heals. I have had it get infected before and it's really bad. You don't want anything getting in such as soapy water. Go see an ENT. 

Not much they can do to heal it any faster but they can give you antibiotics early if it looks like an infection is forming. It can be very hard to clear in infection of the middle or inner ear.

2 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Go to an ENT and have them take a look since it was a twig. Who knows if some germs already made their way in. I would wear a waterproof plug in that ear when showering while it heals. I have had it get infected before and it's really bad. You don't want anything getting in such as soapy water. Go see an ENT. 

Not much they can do to heal it any faster but they can give you antibiotics early if it looks like an infection is forming. It can be very hard to clear in infection of the middle or inner ear.

Yes. I’m wearing an earplug while showering. It actually doesn’t look too bad, it’s not inflamed and there isn’t any blood or anything.

Ill probably schedule an appointment next week to have them take a look. 

My sister in law who’s a nurse advised me against going to an urgent care or anything right now. She said there is nothing they will do, and they do not preemptively treat for an infection, so no point.

Im going to keep an eye on it the next few days, if any hints of infection start forming, I’ll go immediately to get an antibiotic.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

So, when will this bite into prices? Bidding wars are still very much real.  Low inventory/high demand doesn’t help. I’m crunch on both sides now. High prices all along. Now high historical rates…

C304F76F-B412-408C-859D-DA688339B61C.jpeg

5% is still pretty low historically speaking. But it’s high for recent years.  There’s a good chance it will rise even more and it will start affecting the housing market. We haven’t been above 5% since during the mortgage crisis in the mid-2000s. 

14 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I'd like to hear this story.

When we were kids a kid in the neighborhood got a stick in the eye while he was playing on a gym set and was blinded.

1 hour ago, DavisStraight said:

I'd like to hear this story.

When we were kids a kid in the neighborhood got a stick in the eye while he was playing on a gym set and was blinded.

I work in mosquito control for the state and we were sampling larvae in a swamp and when we’re walking out, I turned my head to avoid a branch and a small twig from another tree perfectly went right into my ear. It sent a jolt through my whole body lol.

Just one of those weird things, probably couldn’t replicate it again if I tried.

2 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

5% is still pretty low historically speaking. But it’s high for recent years.  There’s a good chance it will rise even more and it will start affecting the housing market. We haven’t been above 5% since during the mortgage crisis in the mid-2000s. 

I get that, but prices are at record highs. 

I work in mosquito control for the state and we were sampling larvae in a swamp and when we’re walking out, I turned my head to avoid a branch and a small twig from another tree perfectly went right into my ear. It sent a jolt through my whole body lol.

Just one of those weird things, probably couldn’t replicate it again if I tried.

Mosquito larvae are in your ear now. Squirming and breeding. Do you feel them now?

Damn dude. I flinched and cringed just reading…hope you get well.

10 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Was that real?  My wife has the Oscars on and Chris Rock sh*t talked Will Smith's wife and got clocked.  I thought it had to be staged but the entire audience looked shaken and CR was definitely out of sorts afterwards.

If it was real, pretty lame by Will Smith. That’s the best he could do?

1 hour ago, Lava Rock said:

Oscar's and Hollywood is a joke. Who watches that garbage anymore

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

lowest ratings ever .  Who cares?  I think the slap was staged.  Hollywood tries to remain relevant.  Hardly anyone goes to the movies. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, amarshall said:

lowest ratings ever .  Who cares?  I think the slap was staged.  Hollywood tries to remain relevant.  Hardly anyone goes to the movies. 

Prior to the Covid closure of theaters, US was spending around $11 billion per year on tickets.

It had been pretty close to that since 2009 (not sure if the IMDB numbers are inflation adjusted).

It dropped a ton in 2020 obviously and was rebounding slowly in 2021

I do think fewer people are going though... most films are the big Marvel / Star Wars / Disney ones it seems...