Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Spring/Summer Observations 2022

Carvers Gap

4 hours ago, John1122 said:

Had some rain July 1st, July 2nd, July 3rd and a good shower is going now. Looks like several good shots at rain the rest of the week. No brown grass or anything here, fortunately. Did have to water the garden a couple times last month during the dry stretch. 

You all under a sever T-storm warning?

Finally had a decent rain last night here at the house. Picked up 0.51in. We’ve also been missing out on most of the heavier rains since the first of June. For June, we picked up a total of 1.43in and so far July 0.75in. Needless to say, we’ve had to water, water, water. I’m sure my water bill will be sky high! I’m really hoping that tonight into tomorrow maybe we can finally pick up at least an inch from a storm or two.

• Like 2

Added another inch in the last hour of so according to radar. It has come a heavy storm/rain every evening/night since Tuesday. Many close by lightning strikes and good wind on most of the nights. Some good soaking rain after the initial line of storms have moved through each evening. Tonight is more of a slow moving storm motion with heavy downpours and no lightning.

I will guess around 5-6 inches of rain this week. Quite the contrast from the drought we have had. Each day this week made it above 90 before the storms until todays high of 83.

• Like 2

Drought at my house is ending. After 2-3 dry weeks, missed twice. Then our luck turned. Four days in a row of at least a good downpour - two of which included steady rain after.

Temps still look AN the coming week, but not as strong as prior weeks. Precip will be hit and miss of course. 

• Like 1