• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Spring/Summer Observations 2022

Carvers Gap

High clouds are encroaching East Tennessee / east Regional Forum area this evening. Lunar eclipse looks clouded out Middle and West.

Hoping thin high clouds won't make much of a difference in East Tenn. In contrast to solar, a lunar eclipse does not require perfect weather. Just not overcast.

Can't justify a thread this late, so going with increasing high clouds observation. Hopefully a good show later.

Worked out well for naked eye viewing through the high clouds. Orange effect was quite muted; so, did not attempt photography.

Partial phases were pretty classic even with high clouds. Glad I woke up for the last one (4am) since this was less than ideal.

Last two were visible from windows, easy haha! Three ago (cold January) is most memorable because it was the first time weather worked out in literally decades for me. However directly overhead it required going outside in ski clothes.

At any rate, the total solar remains the granddaddy of them all. Little less than two years I'll visit Texas or Ohio or somewhere.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, nrgjeff said:

Worked out well for naked eye viewing through the high clouds. Orange effect was quite muted; so, did not attempt photography.

Partial phases were pretty classic even with high clouds. Glad I woke up for the last one (4am) since this was less than ideal.

Last two were visible from windows, easy haha! Three ago (cold January) is most memorable because it was the first time weather worked out in literally decades for me. However directly overhead it required going outside in ski clothes.

At any rate, the total solar remains the granddaddy of them all. Little less than two years I'll visit Texas or Ohio or somewhere.

I think I have shared this before....but when we were at Sanibel Island years ago, we shot some really cool shots of the sunset there.  We noticed a lot of people(more than usual...but not by much) viewing it as well.  We took some really good shots.  Got home, and realized we had photographed a partial solar eclipse that evening.   LOL.  The shots were awesome.  All we had to do was to dial-back some of the exposure features on digital editing...and there it was.

Anyway, my dad got some good shots last night with his iPhone.  They are a bit grainy, but it looked like TRI had decent skies.  The moon was definitely red in his shots.  

• Like 2

I think I have shared this before....but when we were at Sanibel Island years ago, we shot some really cool shots of the sunset there.  We noticed a lot of people(more than usual...but not by much) viewing it as well.  We took some really good shots.  Got home, and realized we had photographed a partial solar eclipse that evening.   LOL.  The shots were awesome.  All we had to do was to dial-back some of the exposure features on digital editing...and there it was.
Anyway, my dad got some good shots last night with his iPhone.  They are a bit grainy, but it looked like TRI had decent skies.  The moon was definitely red in his shots.  

Your area is soaking it up today

• Like 1

Kmrx forecasted highs busted yesterday and today.  Forecasted high yesterday: 77, actual 69. Forecasted high today : 74, Actual 67.

Cloud cover and Rain was culprit but, that was expected. I'm curious to whether Model's busted or forecasters .  If models were depicting correctly, quite possibly forecasters were adjusting to climatology. That can really burn you sometimes. 

29 minutes ago, John1122 said:

Thunderstorms are firing up but there's a gap just upstream from me and it looks like I may slip right through the middle. After several years of epic rains I figured the dry weather would eventually hit. It definitely is now. 

Yeah, we are due for a dry year. Sucks, as I much rather be too wet than too dry. I am currently watching that little break and hoping it fills in. My yard desperately needs rain at the moment (as I am sure most people's yards here need). I did manage a whooping .01 this morning. 

Hope it fills in or manages a little back build for you.