• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York-Springtime?

Just now, BuffaloWeather said:

I've tagged you 20 times in discord with no response, come back to us. 

LOL. I have been so freakin busy. I mean, I haven't had time to come on here and complain about the sizzle for...what like, 2 months? :P 

I have friends visiting from out of town starting tomorrow, so I don't know when I'll go on discord. I WANT to.. I just know I'm going to need at least a day to catch up on everything. Haha. I appreciate being missed. :) 

6 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I've tagged you 20 times in discord with no response, come back to us. 

image.jpeg.5620a3aeb21aa99a81112c01e919f7f7.jpeg

The Discord is a merry band of Global Warmers. We dance sing ballads praising the God of Carbon! 

In fact, I may change my screen name to CarbonElectra! ;)

• Haha 4

38 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

LOL. I have been so freakin busy. I mean, I haven't had time to come on here and complain about the sizzle for...what like, 2 months? :P 

I have friends visiting from out of town starting tomorrow, so I don't know when I'll go on discord. I WANT to.. I just know I'm going to need at least a day to catch up on everything. Haha. I appreciate being missed. :) 

You're gonna need a week to catch up. Its been busy. 

• Like 1

:ph34r:

Current conditions at

Rochester, Greater Rochester International Airport (KROC)

Lat: 43.12°NLon: 77.68°WElev: 558ft.
sct.png

Partly Cloudy

92°F

33°C

Humidity 41%
Wind Speed SW 15 G 25 mph
Barometer 29.67 in (1004.5 mb)
Dewpoint 65°F (18°C)
Visibility 10.00 mi
Heat Index 94°F (34°C)
Last update 20 Jul 2:54 pm EDT
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

Current conditions at

Buffalo, Greater Buffalo International Airport (KBUF)

Lat: 42.94°NLon: 78.74°WElev: 709ft.
sct.png

Partly Cloudy

90°F

32°C

Humidity 44%
Wind Speed SW 15 G 24 mph
Barometer 29.63 in (1002.6 mb)
Dewpoint 65°F (18°C)
Visibility 10.00 mi
Heat Index 92°F (33°C)
Last update 20 Jul 3:54 pm EDT

9 hours ago, DeltaT13 said:

These are all relevant concerns and I do see dark times ahead for a lot of the globe.  I don't think we will skate through this without any ramifications here in WNY, but I just think our area is extremely well positioned to to ride this out in the next few decades with little tangible damage in our own backyards at least.  That doesn't mean we won't feel the reverberations of large scale global concerns, but at least we shouldn't be feeling massive water restrictions (or likely any restrictions) or rolling blackouts, etc.  

Your other concerns about agriculture are much more interesting and potentially unfounded.  The way I've seen technology advance in just the last 20 years is nearly mind boggling.  I have to assume that we will find ways to basically produce food on a synthetic/chemical level by the year 2100.  All proteins, carbs, etc will likely be lab produced and far superior to anything we currently have. Raising livestock will eventually be completely unnecessary.  I know it sounds kooky, but think replicator type stuff from star trek.  And I'm sure we will have mastered indoor gardening on a scale that is unimaginable.  I'm thinking massive skyscrapers or entire cities producing food on scales that would dwarf what we do now, all climate controlled and extremely efficient in regards to water use.  There is also the possibility of a massive breakthrough in energy production that would then allow us to build massive carbon collection plants and desalinization plants.  I think the next 20-30 years will be the hardest but I'm very hopeful that technology will help us fight our way out of this climate predicament in enough time.   Let's just hope we don't have something far outside of our control like a massive kill shot from our sun that wipes us out... 

Klaus Schwab and the World Economic Forum would like to derail your plans for western New York to become a climate refuge. They are promoting an MIT plan to create a Brazil-sized raft of "space bubbles" to blot out about 1.8% of the sun's energy to offset global warming. If something like this comes to fruition, western New York may cool and be 1.8% darker.

Apparently some severe storms heading directly my way. I was surprised to hear thunder wake me up, as I wasn't expecting storms.

Stupid Saharacuse is still reporting 84 degrees at 2:30 in the morning. Such a ridiculous place. The south winds off the hills to the south combined with the UHI create this oven microclimate. Warmest report in the east and currently warmer here than New Orleans, Houston, Tampa, Orlando, and Miami!

Syracuse is already at the forecasted high of 87. The temp is more in line with the source of heat currently found in the Hudson Valley as opposed to all the other locations in Western and Central NY, which are in the 70s and low 80s. Perhaps crack 90 once again before the slooow moving "front" gets here.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

July Temps

BUF: +0.6
ROC: -1.0
WAT: -0.1
SYR: +1.6

BING: +0.7

I swear Hancock has the thermometer in an inaccurate location. In June, I thought, "Finally, Syracuse isn't reporting temps several degrees above everyone else and other stations." They were on par with others in reference to below average.

Now we are back to the several degrees above. On wunderground, the sites surrounding the airport are often several degrees lower. 

2 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

I swear Hancock has the thermometer in an inaccurate location. In June, I thought, "Finally, Syracuse isn't reporting temps several degrees above everyone else and other stations." They were on par with others in reference to below average.

Now we are back to the several degrees above. On wunderground, the sites surrounding the airport are often several degrees lower. 

Yeah I want to say SYR and BUF run .1-.5 too high and Rochester runs the same but too low. 

• Like 2

Just now, BuffaloWeather said:

Yeah I want to say SYR and BUF run .1-.5 too high and Rochester runs the same but too low. 

Yeah, I see that -1 at Rochester. No way there is such a difference between Rochester and Syracuse under the same air mass.

Brentrich must run ROC's thermometer and Syrmax runs SYR's. True battle of the weenies.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, vortmax said:

White Christmas?

At 1,700ft we are usually “white” but it has been many years since we have had several inches of snow on the ground on Christmas Day.  It seems like it must be a pretty remarkable statistical anomaly to pick any random date between Dec 1 - Mar 1 and see how many consecutive years did not have more than say 2” of snow on the ground.  I think we’re looking at a decade or more.  The fact that it happens to be Christmas Day is incredible.  

I’d like to forget Christmas 2020 where we got hammered with 2.5-3ft of snow exactly one week before Christmas, only for it ALL to melt Christmas Eve into Christmas morning.  That was almost as incredible as having it all fall overnight a week earlier!