• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York-Springtime?

7 hours ago, Flying MXZ said:

35.7 this morning, 36.8 yesterday.  Scattered frost in some fields this morning.  It is the second half of June isn't it?

Few months ago I said we will be lucky to see one or two days of 90's and so far we have not hit 90 degree yet. July looks to be cool/wet pattern coming up. 

7 minutes ago, brentrich said:

Good one troll, it's clearly photoshopped. You can see the difference between white color background, BUSTED! Again, stop trolling. 

4:00pm obs show that Rochester did indeed hit 90 degrees this afternoon. I believe you owe vortmax an apology for falsely accusing him of being a troll...

https://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=ALY&issuedby=ALY&product=RWR&format=CI&version=4&glossary=0

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, vortmax said:

You were saying?

image.thumb.png.d97148c85a398cf2d3199eb873d65fd0.png

Incredible contrast in conditions. I went for a bicyle ride in knickers and a long sleeve jersey this morning.

I've been comfortable in sweatpants and a long sleeve shirt all afternoon long, moving around both inside and outside.

40 minutes ago, vortmax said:

image.thumb.png.e8bfa1ef7df72226a91aa0943fa7ed0b.png

Something is happening...

Yeah this is unusual.  Marine layer is apparently not in play right now.  Storms are way further West than any Meso model had them.  I expect outflow from that first batch of storms will blow up something huge over the Genny valley in the next 3-4 hours.  I can see storms in Canada 50 miles away from my office window so these storms are building pretty tall.  

1 hour ago, DeltaT13 said:

Yeah this is unusual.  Marine layer is apparently not in play right now.  Storms are way further West than any Meso model had them.  I expect outflow from that first batch of storms will blow up something huge over the Genny valley in the next 3-4 hours.  I can see storms in Canada 50 miles away from my office window so these storms are building pretty tall.  

More popping east now along the outflow...

image.thumb.png.333ca7f5927150b800e760c73bd2b705.png

image.png.31c08290836cfbb3bc851da96cbe145c.png

16 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

Meso models actually did really well with the Rochester and fingerlakes area.  Almost nailed them to a T.  Not too shabby.  I thankfully got .45" of rain which is better than nothing.  UR must have gotten almost 2 inches and some small hail.  

CB0B0F61-1AE9-485F-AE99-BE547CB3C5A5.thumb.jpeg.88b1fe343cb7901a3b23f1563268bfd7.jpeg
HRRR was spot on with the WNY cell.  Few miles north and 2 hours early but placement was spot on!  

44 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

Meso models actually did really well with the Rochester and fingerlakes area.  Almost nailed them to a T.  Not too shabby.  I thankfully got .45" of rain which is better than nothing.  UR must have gotten almost 2 inches and some small hail.  

We only got .06" easy of you. The line split around eastern Monroe cty. Interesting. 

Looking back there was a marine layer again that triggered the eventual main storms. The first batch near Buffalo was driven from something else upstream. Tracking that marine layer is critical and a combination of the hrrr and NAM had this event down very well. A touch behind on timing. 

• Like 1

We are trapped under the band of the unliving.

it just keeps pouring here. If only it were January!

Flood Advisory

Flood Advisory
National Weather Service Binghamton NY
556 AM EDT Thu Jun 23 2022

NYC025-077-231300-
/O.NEW.KBGM.FA.Y.0017.220623T0956Z-220623T1300Z/
/00000.N.ER.000000T0000Z.000000T0000Z.000000T0000Z.OO/
Delaware NY-Otsego NY-
556 AM EDT Thu Jun 23 2022

...FLOOD ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 AM EDT THIS MORNING...

* WHAT...Flooding caused by excessive rainfall is expected.

* WHERE...A portion of central New York, including the following
  counties, Delaware and Otsego.

* WHEN...Until 900 AM EDT.

* IMPACTS...Minor flooding in low-lying and poor drainage areas.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...
  - At 556 AM EDT, Doppler radar indicated moderate to heavy rain
    over the past two hours. Minor flooding is ongoing or
    expected to begin shortly in the advisory area. Between 1.5
    and 2 inches of rain has fallen and an additional inch of
    rain is possible this morning.
  • Haha 2