Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York-Springtime?

12 hours ago, mississaugasnow said:

I can already see that September and October will be above average 

It’s a weird change in the last few years where summer takes forever to start and then continues deep into fall 

Another troll post here. When's the last time we had above average in Sept/Oct? 

1 hour ago, brentrich said:

Another troll post here. When's the last time we had above average in Sept/Oct? 

Literally last year. https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca/news/article/october-disguise-this-month-looks-suspiciously-like-september

Fall 2021 is off to a rather mild start across most of Canada. 

Take a look at the September temperature anomalies shown on the map below. The various shades of orange highlight the warmer than normal temperatures that many have enjoyed during the past month across most of Canada east of the Rockies.

FWIW, I’m starting a new job next week which will have me spending a lot of time this summer in Syracuse.  I’ll still live in Delaware County and my work will be based out of my house by September.  The job has a sales element to it and my initial territory will cover roughly Broome to Oneida County and points west from there (and 4 northern tier PA counties).  I’ll be making regular trips to the Rochester and Buffalo areas once I learn the ropes.  Maybe I can meet up with some of you western folks some time this fall/winter. 

• Like 3

@DeltaT13 Think we're gonna see some nocturnal elevated convection tonight with the warm front?

AFD

Better chances for convection look to arrive tonight as the warm
front starts to enter the region. There should be a round of at
least scattered elevated convection which crosses the area and will
also have to keep an eye on a possible thunderstorm complex that may
drop southeast out of Canada.

7 hours ago, vortmax said:

@DeltaT13 Think we're gonna see some nocturnal elevated convection tonight with the warm front?

AFD

Better chances for convection look to arrive tonight as the warm
front starts to enter the region. There should be a round of at
least scattered elevated convection which crosses the area and will
also have to keep an eye on a possible thunderstorm complex that may
drop southeast out of Canada.

Meso models definitely want to blow up some sort of huge convective complex tonight, but looks like it may initiate south of us. Some signs that there could be some propagation of storms north on outflow boundaries. Will definitely be a fun night to keep an eye on things. The fuel is certainly there. 

• Like 1

Hey, all! Just stopping in. It's been quite some time. I'm not dead. :lol:

Two more days until we send the kids home for the summer. Two more days. I love teaching, but it is a drain on the body. Very misunderstood and unfairly judged profession.

Anyways...the prospect of an enhanced risk of severe storms tomorrow in CNY motivated me to check in. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Hey, all! Just stopping in. It's been quite some time. I'm not dead. :lol:

Two more days until we send the kids home for the summer. Two more days. I love teaching, but it is a drain on the body. Very misunderstood and unfairly judged profession.

Anyways...the prospect of an enhanced risk of severe storms tomorrow in CNY motivated me to check in. 

We miss ya, discord has been poppin. Download the app on your phone