Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York-Springtime?

12 minutes ago, vortmax said:

Canadian MUCH less:

sn10_acc.us_ne.png

From past experiences of these late season storms, I would buy this output.  You really need to be under the strongest forcing to have any chance of accumulating snows, especially if you don't have any elevation on your side.  The NAM seems to be forgetting its late April and not January.   

7 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

From past experiences of these late season storms, I would buy this output.  You really need to be under the strongest forcing to have any chance of accumulating snows, especially if you don't have any elevation on your side.  The NAM seems to be forgetting its late April and not January.   

That makes a lot of sense to me, but why would BUF be so aggressive?

5 minutes ago, Flying MXZ said:

Snow started mixing in when we got off 95 in Fredericksburg VA. By 81 in Winchester it was all snow with the grass whitened. Roads ok but visibility not good. Hope you guys get it and it misses my house!

32 and S in Winchester, 12:45pm on 4/18. Pretty impressive.

This type of setup is not without precedent here. Jogged my memory back to 4.16.07 in Skaneateles. Didn't go on April break so was hoping the weather would be nice in NY. On the 16th during the day the deformation band was so strong that in a stripe from maybe Auburn to Camillus it stayed snow, turning to rain in most other places. Was an amazing and heavy snow. If I remember measurements we got well over a foot that day - most sticking during the morning hours. Could happen again somewhere!

LCeEuk2.jpg

wRKMiOl.jpg

dLwvpmK.jpg

• Like 4

Hi everybody, I was being told that there were majority vote that I was not welcome in discord so I wanted to say I'm sorry for my behavior that I have caused to everyone in this forum that I have been trolling. I know it was wrong thing to do so I hope everyone will forgive me and we can move forward. 

I'm sure everybody knows by now that I love cold/snowy weather and I hate seeing warm/heat waves map so I'm going to respect other and I will post something with facts. Hope you don't mind my grammar since ASL (American Sign Language) is my first language, I'm deaf by the way!  Cheers! 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, brentrich said:

Hi everybody, I was being told that there were majority vote that I was not welcome in discord so I wanted to say I'm sorry for my behavior that I have caused to everyone in this forum that I have been trolling. I know it was wrong thing to do so I hope everyone will forgive me and we can move forward. 

I'm sure everybody knows by now that I love cold/snowy weather and I hate seeing warm/heat waves map so I'm going to respect other and I will post something with facts. Hope you don't mind my grammar since ASL (American Sign Language) is my first language, I'm deaf by the way!  Cheers! 

Hey, Brent. Thanks for the apology. It stinks...but sometimes/often we have to deal with the consequences of our actions. It' definitely not fun to go through. I, like you, love cooler weather. I don't mind below normal days! :) 

I hope you enjoy the sunny day!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TugHillMatt said:

Hey, Brent. Thanks for the apology. It stinks...but sometimes/often we have to deal with the consequences of our actions. It' definitely not fun to go through. I, like you, love cooler weather. I don't mind below normal days! :) 

I hope you enjoy the sunny day!

Thanks man, I agree with you. It's no fun at all but time will heal for me. 

Meanwhile North Dakota is having a heck of winter and it's not over. Just wow! They received about 30 inches of snow recently last week and more on the way into May!

FQzmEkZXwAEGzIn.png

• Like 2