• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York-Springtime?

I’ve been thinking we’ve had a long stretch of weekends with mostly bad weather. So I checked…Every weekend since December 1st has had at least one day with precip. Doesn’t mean every weekend has been a washout or snowy but not a single Sat/Sun with no precip since 12/1. Didn’t look back farther than that…It’s our climo I guess. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, tombo82685 said:

Hey guys, so I am under contract for a house now. Assuming inspection goes well. The house is about 3.8 miles nw of Copenhagen, ny elev 1150’. Looks like on snow maps avg is 175”

You like to buy just outside of the big snow areas. But I get it, there isn’t much in the Redfield’s and Montague’s of the world. 

1 hour ago, Flying MXZ said:

You like to buy just outside of the big snow areas. But I get it, there isn’t much in the Redfield’s and Montague’s of the world. 

There are literally 0 houses in that area. Plus you get a big snow there you may not get out to go to work or home from work lol. Lots of seasonal roads there. This spot is much better than lowville with about a 175” avg and over 1100’ in elev 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tombo82685 said:

There are literally 0 houses in that area. Plus you get a big snow there you may not get out to go to work or home from work lol. Lots of seasonal roads there. This spot is much better than lowville with about a 175” avg and over 1100’ in elev 

Yeah, that area doesn't have much at all and is far away from everything. Your new locale has that nicer proximity to Watertown while still getting good snows. Just to warn you, southerly winds off the higher elevations to your south on the Tug can lead to some rapid snowmelt there. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Yeah, that area doesn't have much at all and is far away from everything. Your new locale has that nicer proximity to Watertown while still getting good snows. Just to warn you, southerly winds off the higher elevations to your south on the Tug can lead to some rapid snowmelt there. 

Southerly winds off anywhere is going to torch most likely. Unless you live in the tug you’re getting that torch no matter what. Granted this spot is considered the tug, just not into the deep part of the tug 

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Somewhere on 177 in the Barnes Corners area is probably the closest you can get to the heart of tug hill and still have a normalish chance of getting to work. But 177 is closed plenty due to les storms. 

• Like 2