• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York-Springtime?

2 hours ago, TugHillMatt said:

Shocking. It's going to do what it's done for the past several years. Go from late winter to months of 90 degrees.

This. It’s the new norm. I’m certain there isn’t much forecast skill or true modeling this far out, but what other anomaly would it be? 10 months out of each year now are AN with 2 BN. On a side note, end of April does look cold (relatively speaking)

2 hours ago, Blue Moon said:

I commend you for wishing for an April snowstorm. You're a true snow junkie!

Lol. Indeed! I actually lived in the snowbelt of Ontario, Canada for two winters. The people there were dumbfounded when, after a brutal winter, I was still happily shoveling snow during a snowstorm at the end of April. Hah!

• Like 1

Is April really a spring month here?  You could make a case for it being a winter month. Mild temps are generally in advance of a cold front and last a couple days or less, base weather is cloudy/damp/cool to cold/occasional snow showers.  So Jan through April = winter; May and June = spring; July through Sept = summer; Oct = fall; Nov and Dec = winter. That’s 6 months of winter. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Buffalo Bumble said:

Is April really a spring month here?  You could make a case for it being a winter month. Mild temps are generally in advance of a cold front and last a couple days or less, base weather is cloudy/damp/cool to cold/occasional snow showers.  So Jan through April = winter; May and June = spring; July through Sept = summer; Oct = fall; Nov and Dec = winter. That’s 6 months of winter. 

I disagree. In my opinion, it has become more like this:

November through April = November

May = Spring

June through first half of October = Summer

2nd half of October = Fall :(

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, TugHillMatt said:

Lol. Indeed! I actually lived in the snowbelt of Ontario, Canada for two winters. The people there were dumbfounded when, after a brutal winter, I was still happily shoveling snow during a snowstorm at the end of April. Hah!

I always get asked, “You must love to ski”, which I now answer, “I do but it has nothing to do with it. I just love snow”

• Like 1