• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York-Springtime?

11 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Not here. Sun shining brightly. This has been a much better winter for the NW snowbelts than the W and WNW snowbelts. Southern Oswego and Northern Onondaga have been skipped so often.

Just under  3 inches here since Saturday.  Yesterday was a net loss for snow cover.  When you look at the radar you can see the importance of orographics in an event like this. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, CNY_WX said:

Just under  3 inches here since Saturday.  Yesterday was a net loss for snow cover.  When you look at the radar you can see the importance of orographics in an event like this. 

Yeah. With NW and W flows, there is more orographic involvement as well. WNW doesn't hit many hills as it rides along the coastal plain and down through the Mohawk Valley (other than the Cazenovia area).

This part of the county had 5 to 6 inches between the 2 days. 1 to 2 inches Saturday night/Sunday morning, 2.5 inches Sunday night, and 1 to 2 inches yesterday. We ended the day yesterday with a bit more than what we started with. My colleague from Weedsport said they've picked up over a foot over the past 2 days.

5 hours ago, LakeEffectKing said:

2 more inches last evening and overnight in  Cazenovia.  22" for the event. 129" on the season. 

Deep winter feel this morning.

20220329_082950.jpg

wow, late March/April and Late October/early November in this region shows big changes across small areas. Southern Ontario snow belts saw 8-15" and looks like your photo. 1.5 hour drive away and zero snow + grass starting to turn green around the edges of houses. 

In late Fall my house will have fall colours but snow belt could have 3-6" of wet snow and trees bare 

Off to Hawaii tomorrow morning though so I hope to come back to more greenery 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, mississaugasnow said:

wow, late March/April and Late October/early November in this region shows big changes across small areas. Southern Ontario snow belts saw 8-15" and looks like your photo. 1.5 hour drive away and zero snow + grass starting to turn green around the edges of houses. 

In late Fall my house will have fall colours but snow belt could have 3-6" of wet snow and trees bare 

Off to Hawaii tomorrow morning though so I hope to come back to more greenery 

What island? have fun! 

Trying to travel overseas in May but worried about their recent Covid outbreak. I'm only traveling to places that don't require covid testing. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

What island? have fun! 

Trying to travel overseas in May but worried about their recent Covid outbreak. I'm only traveling to places that don't require covid testing. 

Starting in Oahu for a few days and then heading to the big island. Aiming to try for Maui but her and I are used to SE Asia, so feels weird somewhat throwing a budget out the window haha. Thats why we picked Hawaii for honeymoon because she loves it, ive never been and its not a place we would go to often because of the price. 

Canada got rid of entry covid tests starting April 1st for land border and air, US has it gone for land border but still requires it for air travel so we have to go to shoppers (Canadian version of CVS haha) soon to get our rapid tests for the flight. You guys have been ahead of us on loosening restrictions so its a bit weird to see us get ahead of you guys on that 

8 minutes ago, mississaugasnow said:

Starting in Oahu for a few days and then heading to the big island. Aiming to try for Maui but her and I are used to SE Asia, so feels weird somewhat throwing a budget out the window haha. Thats why we picked Hawaii for honeymoon because she loves it, ive never been and its not a place we would go to often because of the price. 

Canada got rid of entry covid tests starting April 1st for land border and air, US has it gone for land border but still requires it for air travel so we have to go to shoppers (Canadian version of CVS haha) soon to get our rapid tests for the flight. You guys have been ahead of us on loosening restrictions so its a bit weird to see us get ahead of you guys on that 

Hawaii is amazing. The big island is so diverse. Mauna Kea for sunet, Volcano national park, waipio valley has an incredible hike, two step has the best snorkeling on the island and hilo has all the waterfalls. There are also green and black sand beaches. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mississaugasnow said:

We were in a similar situation.

My wife really wanted to go, I was sort of "meh" and wanted to go canoe the Boundary Waters for our honeymoon.

She was definitely right.  Hawaii is spectacular.  We also paddled the NaPali coast so everyone was happy.  

The Big Island is great too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DeltaT13 said:

Pretty nice satellite showing the highly localized lake snows from the past few days.  Quite the strip through wayne county with an impressive drop off just to the NorthEast!  The wispyness of the snow cover East of Huron is also pretty interesting.  

703707516_lateseasonlakeeffectvissatellite.JPG.c6dfbfbdbad4f604245d106746bccce1.JPG

Valley near Lowville very evident for its lack of snow cover

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

Always the warmest… Always…

38F39218-B70B-408F-8808-D8D5F3477305.jpeg

Must be disparity there, as KBUF shows 34 on website

Current conditions at

Buffalo, Greater Buffalo International Airport (KBUF)

Lat: 42.94°NLon: 78.74°WElev: 709ft.
ovc.png

Overcast

34°F

1°C

Humidity 42%
Wind Speed E 9 mph
Barometer 30.07 in (1019.0 mb)
Dewpoint 13°F (-11°C)
Visibility 10.00 mi
Wind Chill 27°F (-3°C)
Last update 30 Mar 9:54 am EDT

39 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Must be disparity there, as KBUF shows 34 on website

Current conditions at

Buffalo, Greater Buffalo International Airport (KBUF)

Lat: 42.94°NLon: 78.74°WElev: 709ft.
ovc.png

Overcast

34°F

1°C

Humidity 42%
Wind Speed E 9 mph
Barometer 30.07 in (1019.0 mb)
Dewpoint 13°F (-11°C)
Visibility 10.00 mi
Wind Chill 27°F (-3°C)
Last update 30 Mar 9:54 am EDT

NWS website lags posting the updates and only posts the hourly detail.  The temp map pulls directly from the metar feed.  With the mixed precip around this morning the airport likely requested pulling additional updates more frequent than hourly for icing concerns.  Speaking of the ASOS… it apparently has been damaged for an unknown period of time… 6339BD61-6229-4140-A112-D08905F7C379.jpeg.55b8826d9a85d2e314e6b650a9680a8a.jpeg 

F25F7BD7-3E86-4152-B3C5-C8A06CD02F7D.jpeg