• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York-Springtime?

2 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

Amazing! So cool. Only caught caught 2” here in Irondequoit. 0” in Pittsford. So pretty much a bust. 
I’ve been really impressed with the Caz microclimate! Is it a nice place to live? 

The Cazenovia area is beautiful. Madison county in general is beautiful. Caz is super expensive to live in though. It was one of my top picks for living, but there aren't many job opportunities there unless you work at the College.

Checking out BGM reports, it looks like most places in CNY picked up 2 to 4 inches. The Geneva - Seneca Falls area, and Sylvan Beach - Utica areas are definitely snowfall minima places. They got dustings there. I love Geneva, but winters there would be HARD with how often they miss out. (Admittedly, much worse than here, even.)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Man this is terrifying, seeing a lot of accidents due to the squalls..

That first car in the video has the dumbest driver I've ever seen.  Just hanging out and chilling as if its not an ongoing super dangerous situation.  He then goes from the dumbest person to the luckiest guy in the world at 42 seconds.  If you are ever in a situation like this, get out of your car and get the **** up and off the highway ASAP!

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Wow is this in pa? They get enough snow there to know how to drive. People. Going 60+ In under 1/2 mile viability with snow covered roads. 

Yeah, Schuylkill county..

Seems like a potential fatality:(

UPDATE: Multi-vehicle crash on I-81 in Schuylkill County: Coroner called to scene.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/local21news.com/amp/news/local/snow-squall-cause-of-multi-vehicle-crash-on-i-81-in-schuylkill-county

15 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Wow is this in pa? They get enough snow there to know how to drive. People. Going 60+ In under 1/2 mile viability with snow covered roads. 

I grew up in PA. I really think it's the high amount of Semi traffic on the highways there. There are SO MANY of them cutting through the state, and they throw water and snow all over the roads and really mess up the visibility. Then you have people going waaaay too fast.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, DeltaT13 said:

That first car in the video has the dumbest driver I've ever seen.  Just hanging out and chilling as if its not an ongoing super dangerous situation.  He then goes from the dumbest person to the luckiest guy in the world at 42 seconds.  If you are ever in a situation like this, get out of your car and get the **** up and off the highway ASAP!

Total, 100% lack of situational awareness! I’ve seen it in almost every scenario like this. It makes you just wonder how these morons even breath. He almost died for his stupidity. 
You need to stay in your car and wait for a window and then RUN into the woods to get behind the biggest trees you can find. 
I hate sharing the road with people like that. 

9 minutes ago, Buffalo Bumble said:

That’s absolutely terrifying. Puts the risk of chasing let alone driving in heavy snow rates in clear perspective. And that person literally diving out of the way…

The guy at end jumps out of way, I'm not sure he made it but I would be running to the woods as far away as I can almost immediately. Did you see the propane tanks that were hit? That could have been really really bad.

This is as of yesterday morning, so I imagine Syracuse is now in the 70s for seasonal snowfall. I am at 88.5 inches on the season, thanks to those few WNW events early in the season. I think I can make it to 90 inches. Check out Albany. Their snowfall's been so bad, they just gave up. :P 

NYS Seasonal Snowfall

• Haha 2