• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York-Springtime?

2 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

No, I'm in the Northwest corner of the county. It's been a "better" winter here than most of the rest of the county (with the exception of the Route 20 corridor from Skan. to Caz) where they've been the jackpot zone.

One of the wintriest nighttime shots of downtown Syracuse for the season tonight:

Armory Square Webcam in Syracuse, NY | Armory Cam

Is that close to where the college is? Looks like it’s hopping on a Sunday night 

15 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

Is that close to where the college is? Looks like it’s hopping on a Sunday night 

Yeah, not too far away. I was watching all the people too. It's definitely not usually THAT busy. I am thinking a show or something let out, as there were lots of dressed-up people walking around. Armory Square is one of the nicest parts of Syracuse.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

2 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Yeah, not too far away. I was watching all the people too. It's definitely not usually THAT busy. I am thinking a show or something let out, as there were lots of dressed-up people walking around. Armory Square is one of the nicest parts of Syracuse.

I am guessing it was Hamilton at the Landmark Theater.

It's always entertaining just to see how often people go the WRONG way on this ONE way street. I get anxious watching it, but they usually figure it out pretty quickly. Thankful it's not a high-speed road.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, vortmax said:

For some reason, I thought you were south. LEK should be getting it good in Caz.

1 hour ago, LakeEffectKing said:

Woke up to 9.25" of new. Still rippin'.

13" for event. 120" for season.

20220328_050639.jpg

20220328_050624.jpg

I guess you were. Dang! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, LakeEffectKing said:

Snow has pretty much stopped ended up with about 14" overnight.

20220328_074117.jpg

Travelled through this last night on way home with family from Orangeburg NY. 81 N about 45 miles south of Syracuse, right through the city then about 35 east on 90 was a mitigated disaster. Cars literally stopped in lanes of traffic on 81 N causing ridiculous delays and treacherous roads made it that much worse. Pretty sure at one point it was 3-4” hour rates, pitch dark and in the hills. 

• Like 1

Yawn. More boring pad statters here in the North Cuse burbs. Wintry look and about 3 inches on the ground, so not a total bust. Colleagues from Weedsport and Southside of Syracuse report 8 inches with schools closed. I had a couple good WNW flow events early in the winter, but it's been NW, NW, and NW ever since the beginning of January.

18 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

That's crazy. I never would have thought that was possible.   The elevation in your area has really made a big difference this winter.

For real. It makes me even more eager to move out of the Valley of Death...but I don't see that happening for a couple more years.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TugHillMatt said:

For real. It makes me even more eager to move out of the Valley of Death...but I don't see that happening for a couple more years.

Yeah I've often thought the hilly areas south and SE of Syracuse (Madison Cty, So. Onondaga) are well situated for wringing out LES and better locations for Noreasters.

• Like 2