Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York-Springtime?

2 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

67 at BUF

66 at ROC

63 at SYR

The Sizzle is on. Bit of time left to hit the big 7-0 but running out of time.  Sadly, Dansville is reporting 72, outsizzling the Sizzlecuse.

SYR 67

BUF 66

ROC 64

BGM 54! (Sad)

ALB 55

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

:sun:Officially checked out of all things winter, unless a big dog comes along.

Pretty much with you.  I've been hitting golf balls indoors over the winter and looking forward to getting out on thr links. Of course a bunch of spring yardwork awaits...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloWeather said:

:sun:Officially checked out of all things winter, unless a big dog comes along.

Anything less than 8 inches is not welcomed now.

I rode my nice bicycle to work today and loved every minute of it.  There's no going back unless it's really a big one.

• Like 2

Sizzlecuse didn’t quite make it to 70, 68 was the high. It was a beautiful day to get out for a short bike ride although it felt a good 10-15 degrees colder near Oneida Lake. The lake is still ice covered although the ice is pretty rotten. I think a good wind will break it up and a west wind will pile it up near Sylvan Beach. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tombo82685 said:

Welp, looking at house about 4 miles northeast of parish sunday right by rt 104 about 1.5 miles east of 81

That sounds like it’s a few miles south of where we used to live.  Relatively nice area, affordable real estate.  Near sled and ATV trails. Be ready for mosquitos. 

In terms of snow, it seems like each mile east of 81 gains you some snowfall but significant snow retention.  

21 minutes ago, winter_rules said:

That sounds like it’s a few miles south of where we used to live.  Relatively nice area, affordable real estate.  Near sled and ATV trails. Be ready for mosquitos. 

In terms of snow, it seems like each mile east of 81 gains you some snowfall but significant snow retention.  

I feel like everywhere around here is a haven for mosquitoes with the water table being very shallow 

48 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

Thanks, we will see what the house brings. Looked at one in the adams area this week and was rather meh. 

Good luck! I’m glad you’re staying in the area. Lowville is like smelling a great meal but not being allowed to taste it. 
I was driving down the hill from Brantingham and you can easily see the valley and the wind turbines on the tug. 
My favorite area might be Ava. Or West Turin, West Branch. Sounds like you’re looking really close to Altmar, which is where Wolfie lived.