• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 12, 2022 Snow Discussion and Obs: Winter's Last Appearance?

Newman

Measured about 3" in the back deck. Plows are running and salting the main roads, but I can see the asphalt peaking through in my un-plowed cul-de-sac. Trees are thickly coated, looks really pretty out. Looks like my anemometer got snowed over around 10am, but it doesn't look windy at all. I bet some trees are gonna come down if it picks up though.

1 minute ago, penndotguy said:

It’s really slacked off out here. Skies have brightened and roads starting to melt. I thought this was supposed to be the heaviest part of the storm

Secondary roads now just wet w/the brightening midday skies even though 29F, back roads still holding somewhat. That's March for ya...

5 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Appears to moving more N...some backbuilding, who knows? 

The models had been hinting at some low forming off the Carolina coast and if that happens and is close enough, there could be some wrap-around.

What is cool is the massive lake-effect snow blowing off of Lake Michigan and I know over that way, it was in the -10s to -20s below 0 earlier this morning.

CODNEXLAB-GOES-East-regional-eastcoast-truecolor-16 31Z-20220312_map_-18-1n-10-100-truecolor-03112022.gif

2 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Snow in central PA is not coming this way it's almost done dude, ask the MA crew 

Yeah, I don't see it affecting us. We basically had a 2-3hr squall w/a couple inches which is cool. Cold breezy/windy night w/snow on the ground...all good.

28F/Lazy flakes

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Yeah, I don't see it affecting us. We basically had a 2-3hr squall w/a couple inches which is cool. Cold breezy/windy night w/snow on the ground...all good.

28F/Lazy flakes

I missed all but about 40 minutes worth of the good stuff lol 

Just now, RedSky said:

Back edge death band moving through might get me 6"

Heavy snow and wind again 

Yes - the MA folks (that you referenced earlier) have switched it up and are now talking about the back-building.

For the snow lovers, anything like this in mid-March after a winter of despair, should be considered a bonus! :P:hug:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1