• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 12, 2022 Snow Discussion and Obs: Winter's Last Appearance?

Newman

1 minute ago, The Iceman said:

Now back to mostly rain with some sleet thrown in despite the temp falling to 34F. Just may not be cold enough to flip over during the heaviest of precip.

You just wait!  I had the same - rain to sleet and then to a mix of sleet/rain, then to sleet/snow/rain, then to snow/rain, and now to all snow (and I am SW of you but not by too much).

Just now, The Iceman said:

Now back to mostly rain with some sleet thrown in despite the temp falling to 34F. Just may not be cold enough to flip over during the heaviest of precip.

Really? That sounds odd.

Whiteout here...I can barely see  anything across the street.

30F/Heavy snow/wind

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

I know you are like :thumbsup:  :mapsnow::P

(yes I am messing with you this morning :lol:)

Yeah, it certainly has one of those big storm look to it w/the heavy sideways blowing snow but I know it will be quick hitter. Kinda pumped to shovel it once it's done before it freezes...

30F/Hvy snow

2 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Yeah, it certainly has one of those big storm look to it w/the heavy sideways blowing snow but I know it will be quick hitter. Kinda pumped to shovel it once it's done before it freezes...

30F/Hvy snow

Snow in mid-March. :lol: 

Am now down to 32 with dp 32 and have some fine flaked snow and a little fog.  Asphalt streets are starting to cave but sidewalk is still battling it.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, CoolHandMike said:

Have maybe a couple of inches and it's not snowing as hard as it has been for the past hour anymore. I don't see much on the radar that indicates we're going to get that 6-8 inches forecasted, but I'm totally not mad at all about today's little surprise event.

I noticed the flakes are smaller now since the wind really picking up. Visibility did go up as well but I think the heavy stuff will return heaviest was for forecast to be between 11am and 2pm I think

7 minutes ago, BBasile said:

The changeover line has been snaking it's way through PA and central NJ.  Slight juts north and south.  The cold air is definitely pushing east now, though.

3-12-22...changeover 2.png

So nice seeing the changeover line crashing SE for a change instead of racing NW.

Heavy snow, 30F. Salt truck just came down my street. Staring to see snow blowing off the roof -- looks like it's becoming more powdery as temps drop.

• Like 2