• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 12, 2022 Snow Discussion and Obs: Winter's Last Appearance?

Newman

1 minute ago, Birds~69 said:

Isn't the precip moving out faster as well? Anything worthwhile done by 3pm-ish? I thought late afternoon/6pm or so yesterday...

I think the issue may be that the low is much stronger than what we saw with the last storm and is juicier, so more total qpf available.  The timing of the cold as the heavier precip departs will be key.

floop-gfs-2022031106.qpf_acc.us_ne-6z-mar12-13-storm-qpf-03112022.gif

10 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

I think the issue may be that the low is much stronger than what we saw with the last storm and is juicier, so more total qpf available.  The timing of the cold as the heavier precip departs will be key.

floop-gfs-2022031106.qpf_acc.us_ne-6z-mar12-13-storm-qpf-03112022.gif

That's always the case in these rain to snow events. That's why they're so difficult to predict. Usually get screwed but occasionally the weather Gods throw us a bone...

31F/Fog...tad icy on windshield

SPC actually has parts of the CWA in Marginal and Slight Risk for severe for SWDY2 (am guessing due to winds) -

SWDY1 (not sure if this means we will have some convective t-storms from the nor'easter - possibly due to the low starting to bomb as it moves away plus the temp changes to come, but it seems to suggest it) -

FNkg4m9VkAYI23T.jpg

SWDY2 -

FNjL5-QVIAk1ziw.jpg

I have zero expectations along 95. Would be nice to squeeze out an inch or two but not expecting more than white rain. Lehigh valley looks solid though I still don't think those maps of 6-8" verify with it falling during the day. It will have to be snowing hard for that to happen despite the temps.

Every one of the mesos are on board now. Big adjustments last 18hrs for sure. Still a little time to go, but looks solid with a classic late season rain to snow track wave along a front type thing. Globals out to lunch with thermals on this one. Underestimating the CAA push coming. Squalls likely Saturday evening and night as well. Last hurrah?

• Newman changed the title to March 12, 2022 Snow Discussion and Obs: Winter's Last Appearance?