• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
3/12 Event: Winters Last Hurrah at Least East of Mountains

Weather Will

@Ji on the way to snowshoe tonight I drove through that shadow effect zone you pointed out on guidance last night. In Petersburg and Seneca Rocks WV in the valley just east of the Allegheny front there was no snow at all, not even an inch!  6”+ on the ridges east and west but nothing in that valley.  That valley continues up into central PA. When I was at Penn State in the late 90s there was a storm that did that to Tyrone PA in that valley just  SW of State College. It was a general 8-14” across the area but Altoona to Tyrone in that valley had like 1-2”.  Just imagine living there…

11 minutes ago, 09-10 analogy said:

Great pics. I have fond memories of the ANC; my wife and I got married there!

That's really cool!  Yeah it's a great place, I go over there and walk around quite often.  I bet it was an awesome place for your wedding; they have weddings or other events there essentially every weekend from spring through early fall.

19 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Very cool snowcover distribution

Neat pic with the streaks -- it reminds me of a flight I took years ago from BWI to CHI after a strong arctic front.  It was super clear and you could see narrow streaks downwind from the lakes where lake effect snow bands hit and brown in between.  Wish I could have taken a photo but no cell phone then!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

That's really cool!  Yeah it's a great place, I go over there and walk around quite often.  I bet it was an awesome place for your wedding; they have weddings or other events there essentially every weekend from spring through early fall.

it was great and nice to be able to throw a party for our family and friends. We’d been engaged for 3 years and my wife and I figured we owed them that for making them wait so long!

• Like 1