Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
3/12 Event: Winters Last Hurrah at Least East of Mountains

Weather Will

1 minute ago, nj2va said:

Sun had come out here earlier this afternoon but upslope has started again.  10 degrees, SN, and winds gusting into the 40s pretty consistently.  Had a 50 mph gust a bit ago.

WSW calling for 2 additional inches of snow through tonight.

Sounds like good skiing. :lol:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Sun had come out here earlier this afternoon but upslope has started again.  10 degrees, SN, and winds gusting into the 40s pretty consistently.  Had a 50 mph gust a bit ago.

WSW calling for 2 additional inches of snow through tonight.

Exactly right!  Down to 7° in Snowshoe and in between squalls is sun.  I'm thinking ratios are 16-18 to 1.  Seems like a mod squall is leaving an additional inch.  No way of telling exact accumulation but definitely verifying 8 or more.

20220312_170222_compress18.jpg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, WxMan1 said:

Snowing decently here in Crofton with the backside deformation banding setting up. Before the lull, we may have gotten a quarter inch or so. Happy to hear the NW-W areas doing well. 

For me, this winter was more than okay, especially after a disastrous December. 10.25" on January 3rd was really all I needed. That was a great storm at a great time of the season. 

Yeah even though Dec sucked, and Feb and March(so far) produced next to nothing, I can't hate this winter because January was nearly perfect.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

This winter was very much a forum divided winter. Further south/southeast you were the better!

La Nina winters really bring out the nuances of forecasting snowfall in this area. When you have blockbuster years like 2009-2010 it's tougher to distinguish the importance of what 100" in elevation or being one county too far west/east can have on a forecast event 12 hours out. 

1 hour ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

Well, OK...one more.  Same Japanese maple I shared earlier, but with more snow coating the branches (Audubon nature center)

Snow_12Mar2022_32.thumb.jpg.1b27123144cec56b93c490e836da5c22.jpg

Ours is about 40 years old and 30' tall at top and just amazing looking too!

3" total for this storm but I have to say it's probably the best 3" I've experienced.  (get your minds out of the gutter!) :P

• Like 1