• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
3/12 Event: Winters Last Hurrah at Least East of Mountains

Weather Will

Precip always moves out quicker than models depict in these situations. One reason I didn't post much and was skeptical even as the trends were colder sooner. Experience tells us how this ends up with a progressive/positively oriented trough the majority of the time.

Sunny here now!

• Like 1

Just now, clskinsfan said:

Hmmm. Liking the look of that radar backfilling out west of me. Looks like I was early to call this one. 

It's not completely done, but accumulating snow requires some persistent rates during the day now. Probably looking at periods of light to moderate snow. Best chance would be a late afternoon squall as the temps continue to drop. HRRR was suggesting that on earlier runs but I haven't looked at guidance recently.

• Like 1

My :weenie: hallucinations radar says look for some back building down to the south and southwest. Maybe one last shot of fluff to send us off to t-shirt and flip flop land? If not, it’s been (and always is) a fun roller coaster of winter here. I like severe season too, but ultimately my heart belongs to my favorite winter weather team. No matter what character you play in this ongoing yearly saga, you’re all the best. :) Cheers!

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, CAPE said:

It's not completely done, but accumulating snow requires some persistent rates during the day now. Probably looking at periods of light to moderate snow. Best chance would be a late afternoon squall as the temps continue to drop. HRRR was suggesting that on earlier runs but I haven't looked at guidance recently.

That band filling in out west looks pretty solid. Might be able to steal another inch. And the quality of the snow should be better as well. Temps are nice and cold out here. We'll see. 

• Like 2

Zero accumulation in Canton, outside of a dusting on garbage bins. Nothing really falling right now. Don't think anything will come of this unless a good heavy band comes in with whatever manages to fill in, but that would probably only leave the area with a dusting. Batting .000 with anafrontal systems this winter... and most winters. At least some of the heavier sideways stuff has been nice to watch.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

You’re being a little dramatic…shocking. But this is another event where the track of the wave is actually pretty good, the airmass seemed good enough, yet it’s underperforming outside elevated areas. Sound familiar??? 

He's being Ji.. just play along once for fun

8 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

That band filling in out west looks pretty solid. Might be able to steal another inch. And the quality of the snow should be better as well. Temps are nice and cold out here. We'll see. 

Where you are there is a decent chance for that as you already have some snow otg and the cold entrenched. My recent posts were more about the general setup and the tendency for the outcome to be underwhelming, despite those weenie snow maps everyone loves lol. I got exactly what I expected here. Maybe I can get a band or 2 come through that will whiten the ground a bit.

• Like 2

My border collie bounces off the walls if he isn't outside running and snow and mud days put a damper on things.
I suited up and went for a walk.  He had a blast gathering sticks!

Sorry about the wind noise, I was trying to get a decent sound in this video of the trees groaning.  They are covered in ice/snow.  Doesn't take much to get them complaining LOL.

Just now, mappy said:

12pm 28° wind blown snow now, maybe there are pixie flakes falling still, hard to tell. Measured 3”. Will be interesting to see what that developing band does west 

just noticed that.  round two i guess lol.  must be some enhancement from the ull energy.

• Like 1

Most sheltered places around 7” if you subtract some for “grass”. But I can’t find a good paved surface to use. And I scalp my lawn for winter so it doesn’t add too much. 

One oddity…walked down my hill to my mailbox which is a 1/4 mile away and about 200 feet lower down the ridge. I’ve never seen as significant a difference. Can’t imagine 200 feet made that much difference. Maybe it was wind exposure. Dunno. But you can see for yourself. 

pics from around my property at the top of the ridge

my driveway 

u0daBwv.jpg

side/back yard
Lhwsi9v.jpg

l1aByMd.jpg

YuRAEB4.jpg
Front 

2WBpxvd.jpg

1/4 mile down the road at the bottom of the ridge 

UsAX46Z.jpg

• Like 12

1 minute ago, mappy said:

12pm 28° wind blown snow now, maybe there are pixie flakes falling still, hard to tell. Measured 3”. Will be interesting to see what that developing band does west 

We got stragglers coming in, look like volcanic ash.  When big gusts shake snow off the (pine) line it looks like a viscous fog ready to eat everything in its path and the deck rail almost disappears!

3 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Most sheltered places around 7” if you subtract some for “grass”. But I can’t find a good paved surface to use. And I scalp my lawn for winter so it doesn’t add too much. 

One oddity…walked down my hill to my mailbox which is a 1/4 mile away and about 200 feet lower down the ridge. I’ve never seen as significant a difference. Can’t imagine 200 feet made that much difference. Maybe it was wind exposure. Dunno. But you can see for yourself. 

my driveway 

u0daBwv.jpg

side/back yard
Lhwsi9v.jpg

l1aByMd.jpg

YuRAEB4.jpg
Front 

2WBpxvd.jpg

UsAX46Z.jpg

Nice pics. That last one looks wind blown. I wouldn't think that elevation difference would make much difference in this situation.

Your area got the best forcing and also good timing.

5 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

my driveway 

u0daBwv.jpg

side/back yard
Lhwsi9v.jpg

l1aByMd.jpg

YuRAEB4.jpg
Front 

2WBpxvd.jpg

UsAX46Z.jpg

speaking from 300 feet lower than you...it made a difference.