Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
3/12 Event: Winters Last Hurrah at Least East of Mountains

Weather Will

1 minute ago, MDphotog said:

I’m under the HGR one right now, snow definitely picked up.  Nothing too crazy, but it is a very nice rate right now.  The thing that stands out most to me is the lack of wind we have had compared to most others east of me.  We have some wind occasionally, but very sporadic and not very intense.  

i believed in the snow, but definitely had doubts about the wind.  wind driven snow (while it's snowing) is not our strength.  maybe that changes once the upper level energy approaches.

Rain changed to sleet then snow around 8AM here in Chevy Chase/Bethesda.  Coming down at a decent clip, sometimes with larger flakes.  About 0.5" now, I'd estimate, covering the grass and cars. Some roads and walkways are covered a bit too.  No real wind yet, though there was a burst of wind very early morning (around 5AM-ish).  Eyballing the wind like @Bob Chill, I'd estimate 5-10 MPH. :lol:  Went out to the Audubon nature center to get some photos, will try to upload some later.  It was so peaceful there with snow falling, nobody else was around.

Just now, Bob Chill said:

Hmmm... lemme think here a minute.... yeah, OK. Here's what we're gonna do. Go ahead an book a second blizzard for now but leave space in the ledger for a 3rd or 4th. Still early. 

I'd personally wait for a few more fake "my lights are flickering" reports

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 87storms said:

i believed in the snow, but definitely had doubts about the wind.  wind driven snow (while it's snowing) is not our strength.  maybe that changes once the upper level energy approaches.

Missing out on wind is a sacrifice I’m willing to make if it means I keep the power on. Haha