Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
3/12 Event: Winters Last Hurrah at Least East of Mountains

Weather Will

16 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

It has picked back up a little here, but I wonder if that huge slug of moisture that came through this morning wasn't a little farther east than expected and we ended up with some of that being rain when some of it should have been snow.

i think it's part of the price we pay in these setups if we want an earlier changeover.  drier air along with the colder temps.  i haven't lived in frederick long enough, but it seems like the catoctins are a dividing line for a microclimate.  i think the windward side (downtown frederick) would benefit more so in this type of setup than maybe out towards middletown/hagerstown.  the opposite seems to occur with a line of storms dropping in from the nw.

6 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

I like seeing side by side bands developing west of us currently over HGR/Cumberland zone. That's prob the best ratio/best lift stuff. Should pull thru most of our sub in some fashion 

I’m under the HGR one right now, snow definitely picked up.  Nothing too crazy, but it is a very nice rate right now.  The thing that stands out most to me is the lack of wind we have had compared to most others east of me.  We have some wind occasionally, but very sporadic and not very intense.