Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Golf Thread 2022

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

11 hours ago, Whineminster said:

Oh. Well I don't know shit about golf so maybe they're why I didn't understand lol. 

My point is just that everyone seems to be talking about LIV, as an outsider. Probably just because some famous PGA guys are leaving.

It’s the hot topic in golf because a lot of players jumped at the immediate money. I don’t blame them but the PGA is still preferred by golf fans. It is highly televised and has the best tournaments, all wrapped in tradition. LIV will never match it imo. I actually think it may not be around for long especially if it can’t secure a TV deal. I could be wrong but it smells of immediate hype from Saudi backed money which will eventually fade when it can’t generate the necessary revenue. Pouring blind billions into a product like they have so far is not a sustainable business models unless the Saudi’s have an unlimited supply of money to burn through. 

22 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

It’s the hot topic in golf because a lot of players jumped at the immediate money. I don’t blame them but the PGA is still preferred by golf fans. It is highly televised and has the best tournaments, all wrapped in tradition. LIV will never match it imo. I actually think it may not be around for long especially if it can’t secure a TV deal. I could be wrong but it smells of immediate hype from Saudi backed money which will eventually fade when it can’t generate the necessary revenue. Pouring blind billions into a product like they have so far is not a sustainable business models unless the Saudi’s have an unlimited supply of money to burn through. 

I think for me I'm turned off by LIV for two reasons. The first is that nobody has just said they are taking the cash (except Varner who just said his grandkids are set for life now), and second it's exhibition golf. Exhibitions are fun, but every week without stakes is going to get old. At least at a tourney like the John Deere you have guys clawing for their first win and potentially a private jet flight to the British Open. 

16 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

I think for me I'm turned off by LIV for two reasons. The first is that nobody has just said they are taking the cash (except Varner who just said his grandkids are set for life now), and second it's exhibition golf. Exhibitions are fun, but every week without stakes is going to get old. At least at a tourney like the John Deere you have guys clawing for their first win and potentially a private jet flight to the British Open. 

This sums it up for me too. I’ve always been a player guy in these sports labor disputes. Maybe the PGA needs to make some changes but the way LIV is currently set up holds no appeal to me. 

• Confused 1

On 9/2/2022 at 8:32 PM, mreaves said:

This sums it up for me too. I’ve always been a player guy in these sports labor disputes. Maybe the PGA needs to make some changes but the way LIV is currently set up holds no appeal to me. 

Missed out on a great golf event at LIV Boston this weekend.  Shorts, beers, big name musicians.  And the ending to the golf was great as well.  Team and individual aspect keeps everyone's head in the game until the end. Greg Norman parachuting in.  Music played throughout the event to get people amped up.  Big Papi intro.  Nice.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Beautiful day to golf today.  Sun and warm.  Unfortunately last few timed playing my game hasn't been all sunshine.  Driving the the ball the best ever, irons doing pretty good, just anything lately from 115yards and in around the green has been killing me.  It was great all summer now it's brutal.  That's golf I guess 

• 2 weeks later...

Last round of the year was our annual veteran's day tourney. It's evolved into a "greenskeeper's revenge," and its typically on the last day that they're open.

Scramble format. While it's sad that it's always the last round, it's one I look forward to every year. 5f088733a8e3d2cf45a1a6c645c5f40d.jpga7da40df00488b06847ffa56fc91db85.jpg674fe746eb166e22c43252643a971f04.jpg641b4578547cb189dde5f1977c8ee747.jpg

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, Professional Lurker said:

Last round of the year was our annual veteran's day tourney. It's evolved into a "greenskeeper's revenge," and its typically on the last day that they're open.

Scramble format. While it's sad that it's always the last round, it's one I look forward to every year. 5f088733a8e3d2cf45a1a6c645c5f40d.jpga7da40df00488b06847ffa56fc91db85.jpg674fe746eb166e22c43252643a971f04.jpg641b4578547cb189dde5f1977c8ee747.jpg

Nice.  We had one like that a couple of weeks ago.  Our superintendent played in it as well.  My suggestion for next year was to have him change the hole positions on his second time around (we are a 9-hole course). 

Nice.  We had one like that a couple of weeks ago.  Our superintendent played in it as well.  My suggestion for next year was to have him change the hole positions on his second time around (we are a 9-hole course). 
Yeah, our guy played in it too. Some of the stuff they did was hilarious. ... since it was a vet's day tourney, it starts at 11:11am and they make it 11 holes, with the practice greens played as holes. Here's one where they used their huge leaf blower.

https://fb.watch/gO11rNHPSY/

Played maybe the last 2 rounds this weekend.  What a flip flop.   103 Saturday and 88 sunday :lol:.   Didn't help I was a single Saturday,  paired with 2 knuckleheads.  I dont care they sucked, but they were slow,  loud, talk in backswings etc...I was on full tilt by hole #3, annoyed as hell. Totally blew my game up.   Sunday was with my friend and another random member who I played with earlier in year who is awesome to play with, much more relaxed

11 minutes ago, nyrangers1022 said:

Played maybe the last 2 rounds this weekend.  What a flip flop.   103 Saturday and 88 sunday :lol:.   Didn't help I was a single Saturday,  paired with 2 knuckleheads.  I dont care they sucked, but they were slow,  loud, talk in backswings etc...I was on full tilt by hole #3, annoyed as hell. Totally blew my game up.   Sunday was with my friend and another random member who I played with earlier in year who is awesome to play with, much more relaxed

One of the benefits of playing at course that has a state road running through it is that noise doesn't really impact me.