Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Golf Thread 2022

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

5 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I’ll be alone with the kids this weekend so I’ll see if I can drop the kids off at grandma’s and get back to you. Thinking afternoon tt?

Whatever works for you guys I'm fine. If you don't want to use up your babysitting equity the only weekend I'm booked so far in August is the 20th. Just thought I'd throw it out there.

1 hour ago, kdxken said:

Whatever works for you guys I'm fine. If you don't want to use up your babysitting equity the only weekend I'm booked so far in August is the 20th. Just thought I'd throw it out there.

I’ll see her tonight, I’ll ask Looks like dews in the low 50s Saturday with bluebird skies, so it’s deff worth it.

• Like 1

On 7/23/2022 at 9:07 AM, QCD17 said:

Struggled through 18 at Thompson Raceway.  First time playing there.  It was import drift day at the track, so if you can imagine the sound of a dozen suped up Nissans and various other compact sedans doing nonstop donuts you'll have an idea of the conditions.  The sound carried over the entire course.  Every shot it was all you could hear with the exception of may 2 or 3 holes.  The heat wasn't as bad as I was expecting.  Didn't even soak one shirt.  Hadn't swung the clubs in over a month, and it showed.  Drives leaked, chipping was obscene, and by the final stretch I started mishitting my trusty 7 iron.  I only managed 2 pars, and maybe 3 or 4 bogeys.  I find I generally play poor in temps above 80, but this was bad.  Time to get back to the range.  I'm supposed to play Lake of Isles in a few weeks, so things need to get buttoned up quick or else that place will eat me alive.

Want to play on Saturday afternoon? Connecticut national or the ranch?

• 2 weeks later...

I was in Killington for a conference this weekend. Meetings ended at 5:30 yesterday, a little later than I would have liked, but was still able to get 9 holes in at Green Mt. National. This is one of the top courses in the state and it’s a muni. The town built it in the late 90’s to help attract people in the summer. Pretty tough course in a beautiful setting. I think I shot a 48 or 49. I was going to add a picture but it was sideways :(