Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Golf Thread 2022

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

3 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I always prefer teeing off in the afternoon as well. 

I was mapping out possible golfers and their locations. Never knew where southbury was. You're going to have a hike. Only 10 mi from Richter Park. Sweet track...

2 hours ago, kdxken said:

I was mapping out possible golfers and their locations. Never knew where southbury was. You're going to have a hike. Only 10 mi from Richter Park. Sweet track...

I used to play Richter often when I lived in Danbury, before kids. My ‘home’ track is Oxford Greens in Oxford now. It’s a tough sob too.

But I don’t mind driving two hours to play a good new course especially with you guys. 

8 hours ago, DavisStraight said:

I miss hit a drive yesterday and hit a low line drive, it ended up almost where my good drives do.

The accidental stinger:lol:.   Also means tho that greens are hard and not receptive.  But that's assuming we hit GIR which a majority of us don't most of the time

Played in a pro-am at the Country Club of VT today.  Our team finished under par, which considering that we couldn't putt to save our lives, was somewhat surprising.  The greens may have been the quickest I've ever played.  I had at least one 4 putt and a couple of 3 putts.  My biggest struggle was in the sand.  I got into greenside bunkers twice, each time they were really deep pot type bunkers and I couldn't get out and ended up picking up my ball.  I drove the ball well and only lost one ball all day.  I think my score was right around 100. :weep:.  Anyway, this was the first day I have taken off to play golf in a couple of years so it was a good day over all.

IMG_2973.jpg

67923902630__59672111-C92E-4A8D-8289-E24CD0CEEDD6.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, mreaves said:

Played in a pro-am at the Country Club of VT today.  Our team finished under par, which considering that we couldn't putt to save our lives, was somewhat surprising.  The greens may have been the quickest I've ever played.  I had at least one 4 putt and a couple of 3 putts.  My biggest struggle was in the sand.  I got into greenside bunkers twice, each time they were really deep pot type bunkers and I couldn't get out and ended up picking up my ball.  I drove the ball well and only lost one ball all day.  I think my score was right around 100. :weep:.  Anyway, this was the first day I have taken off to play golf in a couple of years so it was a good day over all.

IMG_2973.jpg

67923902630__59672111-C92E-4A8D-8289-E24CD0CEEDD6.jpg

Looks like a sweet course.

33 minutes ago, kdxken said:

We still on for Sunday? Friend played Connecticut national yesterday and said it's in great shape. No burned fairways yet. I'm open for anything if folks want to put it off.

I'm in if we get enough guys, that course is usually in great shape,  they take good care of it. One of my favorite courses in my area, a little expensive but you get what you pay for.

10 hours ago, kdxken said:

We still on for Sunday? Friend played Connecticut national yesterday and said it's in great shape. No burned fairways yet. I'm open for anything if folks want to put it off.

10 hours ago, DavisStraight said:

I'm in if we get enough guys, that course is usually in great shape,  they take good care of it. One of my favorite courses in my area, a little expensive but you get what you pay for.

I’m still in too. We can get a 3some if anything. It will at least kick start our outings. 

Did a nice golf outing scramble today.  Unlimited booze, burgers, dogs and a nice buffet for dinner.   I was hurting for a few holes:lol:.   We  sucked and went +1 through 9, then went -6 the next 9.  Finished -5.    We had 7 other birdie potentials but none of us could drain the 15-20 footers

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, nyrangers1022 said:

Did a nice golf outing scramble today.  Unlimited booze, burgers, dogs and a nice buffet for dinner.   I was hurting for a few holes:lol:.   We  sucked and went +1 through 9, then went -6 the next 9.  Finished -5.    We had 7 other birdie potentials but none of us could drain the 15-20 footers

Decent score, most of those tournaments come down to putting, if you can hit 2-3 long putts you can win.

3 hours ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

Anyone ever play Shaker Hills in Harvard, MA? Playing there tomorrow afternoon for first time.

Yes, won two tournaments there, won a shirt and a pair of golf shoes, very nice course. Wait til you see one of the par 3s, my partner hit the cup on a fly and took a chunk of grass from around the hole, it ended up 3 inches from the cup.