Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Golf Thread 2022

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

1 hour ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

My app has my avg score at 85 but that’s generous imo from a good amount of rounds at an easy course. I’m a bogey golfer by avg score (removing the easy course scores) but a scratch golfer in my mind and at the range. 

I was down to a 13 handicap at one point but it was built on a lot of 9 hole rounds of 40-42 at my home course. Those combine for low 80’s and look better than they are. Even though my course has a decent slope & rating, my handicap doesn’t travel that well. There are real benefits to know where you can miss and how the greens roll. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

OK so let’s find a saturday later this month to do this gtg. I think The Ranch is the best spot but a course in NECT may get our SEMA peeps involved so I’m open to whatever. Getting two foursomes would be decent. 

Suggestions?

I'll go to the Ranch but if you want a suggestion for NE guys, Thompson Raceway, I think someone already mentioned the course earlier, nice 18 hole course with good burgers. I'm in anyplace you guys decide.

3 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

OK so let’s find a saturday later this month to do this gtg. I think The Ranch is the best spot but a course in NECT may get our SEMA peeps involved so I’m open to whatever. Getting two foursomes would be decent. 

Suggestions?

If something could be pulled together, I would definitely entertain bringing my weak ass game down for a round.

4 hours ago, mreaves said:

If something could be pulled together, I would definitely entertain bringing my weak ass game down for a round.

It’s more about us getting together, the hacks are a given. I’m know to string together 3-4 holes of great ball striking, my playing partners hyping me up for a sub 80 round.. only for me to melt on consecutive holes where I duck a few tee shots. Whatever, it’s all in good fun.

6 hours ago, DavisStraight said:

I'll go to the Ranch but if you want a suggestion for NE guys, Thompson Raceway, I think someone already mentioned the course earlier, nice 18 hole course with good burgers. I'm in anyplace you guys decide.

That’s right. I’m down. 

I’ll come up with a few dates and give it a few weeks for everyone to decide.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Suggestions?

Connecticut national. Played it last Sunday 89 dollars with a cart. It was in spectacular shape. Food and beer is very reasonable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kdxken said:

Connecticut national. Played it last Sunday 89 dollars with a cart. It was in spectacular shape. Food and beer is very reasonable.

A little more expensive but it's a great course, the new owner really did a great job with the course. We've had a couple of our year end tournaments there and it's a great course.  I'm down for either.

10 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

A little more expensive but it's a great course, the new owner really did a great job with the course. We've had a couple of our year end tournaments there and it's a great course.  I'm down for either.

Oh I didn't know it changed ownership? People are great there.

2 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Whatever is best for the crew. My July weekends are packed though but I could probably swing a day. votes on:

Sun 7/17

Sat 8/6

Sun 8/7

Sat 8/13

Weather permitting obviously. 

You want to shoot for the 17th and see what we get for response?

36 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Sure. Let’s shoot for it and if we get enough two foursomes or even two theeesomes, we’ll plan an appropriate tee time afterwards.

I can probably find some fill ins if need be. I'm not dead set on Connecticut national either whatever works for people as long as it's not a real hike.

On 7/1/2022 at 9:41 AM, DavisStraight said:

Wachusett was gorgeous. Greens were immaculate. Only downside was slow play. Not sure if it was just the holiday or if it's usually like that.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

So we have 3 definites and 3 maybe’s so far for the 17th at a course tbd in NECT. Likely CT National or Thompson Raceway.

Yes: me, Ken, davisstraight

Maybe, modfan, mrreaves, Chris (late tee of only)

We’ll let this marinate into the weekend so more folks can chime in.

We might be better teeing off at 2pm, it's usually thinned out by then unless there's a big league that night at the Raceway, I can call and ask and report back.