Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Golf Thread 2022

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

8 hours ago, mreaves said:

I have a friend who put a simulator in his garage. We played TPC Sawgrass a couple of weeks ago. First time I’d swung a club since October. I sucked and was sore after. But I had fun!

Cool. There's a place near me that has 3 simulators and some pub tables. BYOB, and hit a few.  Obviously Foxwoods has the Top Golf Swing Suite, but it's kind of cool to see these things popping up in a small scale. 

A full size Top Golf facility began construction in Cranston, R.I. but the timing was crappy as it was right during the beginning of Covid shut-downs so I am not sure if it is still happening anymore. 

10 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Never thought of that. I just get mine re-gripped. 

Only reason I thought of it was a video I watched on youtube. Kyle Berkshire (long drive guy) is attempting to transition from long drive to competitive golf. He was at Callaway or something and they had him hit all of his irons and they were legitimately off by a degree or two in every direction.

On 3/10/2022 at 7:59 AM, Cold Miser said:

Cool. There's a place near me that has 3 simulators and some pub tables. BYOB, and hit a few.  Obviously Foxwoods has the Top Golf Swing Suite, but it's kind of cool to see these things popping up in a small scale. 

A full size Top Golf facility began construction in Cranston, R.I. but the timing was crappy as it was right during the beginning of Covid shut-downs so I am not sure if it is still happening anymore. 

I'm headed to that very local place this weekend with some buddies.  I love the simulator, except for the fact that it is pretty darn accurate and it knows when I hit a bad shot before I do.  Plenty of times I will hit a bad shot and then think to myself "yes, that's exactly what I would have done on a real course, too."

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

Only reason I thought of it was a video I watched on youtube. Kyle Berkshire (long drive guy) is attempting to transition from long drive to competitive golf. He was at Callaway or something and they had him hit all of his irons and they were legitimately off by a degree or two in every direction.

Interesting. I’ll get fitted eventually, maybe in two years, but this will push me to get not put it off longer than that.

• 2 weeks later...

Going to attempt to play next weekend.  Did one range session back in early February where we had a warm day.   Tried out my new PXG 0811 driver.  Was hitting some sweet draws and straight bombs.  Worked mainly on my wedges being I struggle with the 60-100 yard shot.    Iron striking was good for not swinging for a couple months.  Even was messing around with a 5iron stinger. 

My irons are 3 years old, I jumped on the One Length, using Cobra F8s.  I love them, very easy to hit.  The mental part is the toughest having a GW the length of  7i.  Ill probably give these a couple more years, hinted to the wife I was going to upgrade to Radspeeds, I didn't get a friendly look lmao.  However she loves coming out to drive the cart to have a few drinks if courses let us.   Some days she even walks and pushes my cart.  

We are most likely cruising in July to Bermuda, found out one of my good friends will also be on that same cruise, who also golfs.   We will probably play at Port Royal.  Hoping I'm not to hungover or drunk to top and chunk my shots on a course like that :lol:

1 hour ago, nyrangers1022 said:

Going to attempt to play next weekend.  Did one range session back in early February where we had a warm day.   Tried out my new PXG 0811 driver.  Was hitting some sweet draws and straight bombs.  Worked mainly on my wedges being I struggle with the 60-100 yard shot.    Iron striking was good for not swinging for a couple months.  Even was messing around with a 5iron stinger. 

My irons are 3 years old, I jumped on the One Length, using Cobra F8s.  I love them, very easy to hit.  The mental part is the toughest having a GW the length of  7i.  Ill probably give these a couple more years, hinted to the wife I was going to upgrade to Radspeeds, I didn't get a friendly look lmao.  However she loves coming out to drive the cart to have a few drinks if courses let us.   Some days she even walks and pushes my cart.  

We are most likely cruising in July to Bermuda, found out one of my good friends will also be on that same cruise, who also golfs.   We will probably play at Port Royal.  Hoping I'm not to hungover or drunk to top and chunk my shots on a course like that :lol:

Lol. Really cool if you can play at port royal. Yea, ease off the drinking if you have plans to. I don’t know how some play hungover or even have a beer or two during a round. The game is hard as it is…

6 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Lol. Really cool if you can play at port royal. Yea, ease off the drinking if you have plans to. I don’t know how some play hungover or even have a beer or two during a round. The game is hard as it is…

Yea the unlimited alcohol on a 7 night cruise takes a toll on you lol.   Usually weekend rounds I'll have a couple beers.   Golf outings, especially the town and cities municipal Superintendents outing here, is mainly a drink fest with unlimited booze on the course.  Those are fun, but your game really goes to hell quick

16 hours ago, nyrangers1022 said:

Yea the unlimited alcohol on a 7 night cruise takes a toll on you lol.   Usually weekend rounds I'll have a couple beers.   Golf outings, especially the town and cities municipal Superintendents outing here, is mainly a drink fest with unlimited booze on the course.  Those are fun, but your game really goes to hell quick

Oh yea, you can’t fade the booze cruise even if you tried lol.

I can’t even have a thick meal before I play 18. I mostly walk too (even courses like The Ranch) so I need a good night sleep and a healthy bfast. I know golf is a fun outing for friends to get together so the drinking, smoking, and scarfing down burgers and dogs is prevalent…I treat it more like a sporting event though where I try to be in top shape physically and mentally. My scores rarely reflect it though lol.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Oh yea, you can’t fade the booze cruise even if you tried lol.

I can’t even have a thick meal before I play 18. I mostly walk too (even courses like The Ranch) so I need a good night sleep and a healthy bfast. I know golf is a fun outing for friends to get together so the drinking, smoking, and scarfing down burgers and dogs is prevalent…I treat it more like a sporting event though where I try to be in top shape physically and mentally. My scores rarely reflect it though lol.  

I love walking courses too.  My usual crew prefer walking and our foursome plays faster than many 4 who ride.  Its an advantage when 4 people spray their shots and each go get their own instead of a cart crossing over a fairway back and forth multiple times.  

I can eat before a round, but hate the idea of stopping at the turn.

Was just asked a few minutes ago to play at 10:15, told him he's nuts, too cold.  I would play in this weather in December.  Not March

3 hours ago, nyrangers1022 said:

I love walking courses too.  My usual crew prefer walking and our foursome plays faster than many 4 who ride.  Its an advantage when 4 people spray their shots and each go get their own instead of a cart crossing over a fairway back and forth multiple times.  

I can eat before a round, but hate the idea of stopping at the turn.

Was just asked a few minutes ago to play at 10:15, told him he's nuts, too cold.  I would play in this weather in December.  Not March

Agree on a walking foursome. I also prefer it because it gives me time to settle between shots and think about how terrible my last one was…and to not be as terrible with my next one.

14 hours ago, Professional Lurker said:

Drinking and golf is like drinking and gambling. ... never a great idea.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Controlling yourself in both situations is the key.  Get obliterated, yea you're asking for trouble.   Have a few and stay on a steady good line makes all the difference 

• Like 1