Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 12 Rain to…more rain? Maybe some snow

HoarfrostHubb

27 minutes ago, backedgeapproaching said:

Hasn't been much of the Woodford Cloud this winter, but this event delivered. There also was that steamer that I dont think was totally upslope driven that drove up totals too I think, maybe just enhanced totals even a bit more than just normal upslope.

I was under that streamer for a couple of hours after the dynamic snow pulled out. Not sure what caused it, but I don't think it was purely lake effect. Those streamers definitely enhance as they upslope through here, regardless of their cause. 

The progressive flow this winter hasn't been good for the "Woodford cloud". Typically you want big closed lows off to the northeast that wrap around moisture and disturbances for a few days to get the big totals and this is much more likely to occur with a decent -NAO pattern.

All joking aside, I’ll vouch that Kevin’s totals are usually pretty good aside from tacking on an extra tenth or three at the end of an event when he needs to close the gap slightly on ORH or Ray. 

There’s only a couple that I legit questioned:

Feb 2013 blizzard he measured a drift and claimed 36” when it was prob more like 30”. Even the NWS tossed it.

October 18, 2009 he claimed like 2.5” when the pics were definitely more like 1.0-1.5”. I tried to get him to post a pic on a flat surface with a ruler but he just barked at me and logged off.  

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

All joking aside, I’ll vouch that Kevin’s totals are usually pretty good aside from tacking on an extra tenth or three at the end of an event when he needs to close the gap slightly on ORH or Ray. 

Feb 2013 blizzard he measured a drift and claimed 36” when it was prob more like 30”. Even the NWS tossed it.

October 18, 2009 he claimed like 2.5” when the pics were definitely more like 1.0-1.5”. I tried to get him to post a pic on a flat surface with a ruler but he just barked at me and logged off.  

That’s a good general assessment. After General Gau’s and a couple of DIPAs the ruler may get away from him.

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

:lol:

02.08.13_snow_totals_alt.jpg

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

No one ever tossed it. That was a legitimate measurement in Nemo. All official maps have it and it’s etched in history. 

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

No one ever tossed it. That was a legitimate measurement in Nemo. All official maps have it and it’s etched in history. 

how does bob maxons tweet of an image of 30-36 prove 36? 30-36 does not equal 36.

BOX PNS report has 30.5 for tolland

i wasnt there so i have no idea but it seems 36 would be a bit high based on surrounding reports as well

000Capture.thumb.PNG.f3dbcc42d234a0e046e2054cf22685f2.PNG

1 hour ago, backedgeapproaching said:

Savoy had 8" and Cheshire 6.5". I think the NW wind definitely played some part in the lower totals in your area up through Brattleboro and much of SEVT with all the higher terrain to the west. 

Savoy was in a great spot.  How did Woodford VT area do?   That area is magical for snowfall. I think Mitch might live in that area?

• Like 1