Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 12 Rain to…more rain? Maybe some snow

HoarfrostHubb

13 minutes ago, codfishsnowman said:

Its not always about the quantity. I would love a good squall, it's been forever. Even twenty minutes of a streamer like you and Will had tonight. After awhile out here you become hardened to it. We are still in a pattern more years than not which still favors the eastern and southeast areas. Sure there are a few more duds mixed in and NNE on the whole is doing a little better but still no sign of a more clipper and or Miller A dominated storm track

I hear you. Trust me if I could have magic and cover the region in 2’ of snow I would. 

• Like 1

Man, just went out to get firewood out back and it’s still pretty nasty out. Wind isn’t as strong as last night but plenty breezy and temps in the low 20s with snow still swirling around and off the roof. 

Prob the last taste of “true winter” type conditions this season barring one of those rare late season cold storms. (Ala 4/6/16)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Man, just went out to get firewood out back and it’s still pretty nasty out. Wind isn’t as strong as last night but plenty breezy and temps in the low 20s with snow still swirling around and off the roof. 

Prob the last taste of “true winter” type conditions this season barring one of those rare late season cold storms. (Ala 4/6/16)

Or 5/9/2020 :lol:

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I remember that one vividly for that reason alone.   It was plow-able snow out in Acton where  I lived at the time. But we've had that in Aprils. That in itself is not that usual.  It was the fact that as I pulled into a small row of single story stores, plumes of shattered crystals were lowering visibility around my car to nil as the miasma curled off the eaves of the flat building tops, ...

at 1:15 in the afternoon.   

Mind you, that is ~ 1 month before entry into the solar maximum time of year ( ~ May 8 through August 8, lat dependent)  I sat there in internal monologue, "This is insane"

That must have been a unique combination of actual cold availability, along with unusual cloud depth/density lowering sqr wattage. Something special, because I have seen equinox, 31 F dawn snow end up glop rain with steam coming off streets by that time in the afternoon.  And there we were three weeks later with horrible road conditions

41 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

This would be good with a deep pack, but now it’s like ok that’s enough lol. 

7 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

49 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

7 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I was wondering where those streamers which interacted with the ULL came from. I suspect one from the Quabbin and one from Lake Champlain. Definitely not from the GL due to orientation.  I checked other radars and did not see west one on ENX but hint of one on BTV. Cool stuff, look closely

Screenshot_20220313-104609_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220313-104654_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220313-104714_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220313-104804_Chrome.jpg