41 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

We windward side

In terms of snow,
looking at 2 to 4 inches in the Advisory areas, with up to 6 inches
possible in the eastern slopes of the Berkshires. However the higher
totals should more closely follow the terrain and especially the
windward sides of the Berkshires and northern Worcester/Tolland
hills. 

Respect for and recognition of the soaring, majestic spires of the Tolland Massif is somewhat of a recent phenomenon in CT wx forecasting

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

We windward side

In terms of snow,
looking at 2 to 4 inches in the Advisory areas, with up to 6 inches
possible in the eastern slopes of the Berkshires. However the higher
totals should more closely follow the terrain and especially the
windward sides of the Berkshires and northern Worcester/Tolland
hills. 

19 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yep. These are the events Kevin can get terrain enhancement on. He needs a westerly component or a southerly component where he is. 

I thought with his prominence he upslopes in every direction?

FNmhfcyVQAAPBLf?format=jpg&name=large

• Haha 7

3 hours ago, weatherwiz said:

You would think large-scale lift should be enough for copious amounts of QPF. I don't think I've seen this posted anywhere but this 500 jet may be the strongest I've ever seen (or certainly up there). 

image.png.f52b63033ab62013eef8d9ec3efc95d3.png

That jets pushing the ceiling on physics there... no doubt, but what's missing is a nice fan evac over N. NY-NNE ...If that were there, the snow on the cold side of the baroclinic axis would be better for those that are looking for that...  Frankly I think you're all f nuts... I'd rather be like today or warmer from here on out but oh well.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Tolland Death Band said:

Respect for and recognition of the soaring, majestic spires of the Tolland Massif is somewhat of a recent phenomenon in CT wx forecasting

I spent my first 21 years growing up in the hills of Western CT, and until I joined the old Eastern board years ago, had no idea the hills got that high in Tolland County.  

10 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Today was great. I’m ready for it. I know you guys further west have had a shit winter so I get the excitement.

I don’t think of this area as a shit winter. I am far enough east to have still cashed in to a smaller degree . I’m at 48”.. avg is 60”. So if I grab 2-4” tomorrow . I’ll end in low 50’s. Below normal snowfall but had basically full snow pack Jan- Feb and first week of Morch other than a handful of days. I rate days with snow OTG very high in my winter grade. Doesn’t have to be deep as long as it’s white. So I’ve been “ok” with this winter here. You go 5-10 miles west or NW of here.. the gradient decreases markedly . The one thing about here is if there’s a late bloomer or an E MA special.. we at least get some snow here . HFD and west though. They got boned 

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I don’t think of this area as a shit winter. I am far enough east to have still cashed in to a smaller degree . I’m at 48”.. avg is 60”. So if I grab 2-4” tomorrow . I’ll end in low 50’s. Below normal snowfall but had basically full snow pack Jan- Feb and first week of Morch other than a handful of days. I rate days with snow OTG very high in my winter grade. Doesn’t have to be deep as long as it’s white. So I’ve been “ok” with this winter here. You go 5-10 miles west or NW of here.. the gradient decreases markedly . The one thing about here is if there’s a late bloomer or an E MA special.. we at least get some snow here . HFD and west though. They got boned 

Last snow of the year? Your 3 days ago last snow of the year didn't age well.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Yep we’re definitely far below average around here 

24 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Another year of the 6ish week winter. At least now we are able to have tropical dews for over 3 months. 

6 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

Remember when Ekster specifically called you out in the AFD about not getting an ice storm warning?

Yes that was fantastic. I miss the days when Ekster  and Turtle and Joe D would post here while ripping back boxes of Chips Ahoy’s and crumbs would jam up keyboards on the overnights. Even when they left it for the next shift 

• Haha 3