Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 12 Rain to…more rain? Maybe some snow

HoarfrostHubb

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Absolutely, and someone living in DC would kill for Ray's 43" even though he's about ready to throw himself off the Tobin with that seasonal total. All about expectations.

Anyways, not to derail too much....here's what we got for this threat:

East basket: NAM/Euro/UKMET

West Basket: GFS/ICON/RGEM

In between: GGEM

:lol: ... wee bit of consternation that the compromised solution happens to be spelled like,  G -G -E -M

6 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

I am waiting behind the Gorham Walmart to fight you guys! ;) 

Hey I bought gloves there one year when I forgot to pack them for our 2 week ski trip. They turned out to be awesome. I remember in 01 going through Gorham and marveling at the 4 to 6 feet of snow at elevation just up the road on 16. Someday my man someday.  Hang in there

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Absolutely, and someone living in DC would kill for Ray's 43" even though he's about ready to throw himself off the Tobin with that seasonal total. All about expectations.

Anyways, not to derail too much....here's what we got for this threat:

East basket: NAM/Euro/UKMET

West Basket: GFS/ICON/RGEM

In between: GGEM

Yea, great post. One thing you never see me do is telling people what to be happy and satisfied with.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Yea, great post. One thing you never see me do is telling people what to be happy and satisfied with.

Have to say as melted as this winter is. I am satiated with it. That blizzard was pretty much a decade event. Can't even complain about meltouts. Look forward to maybe a surprise Sat. Even an inch and a flash freeze could bring about a beautiful morning like this morning. Any snow lover who wasn't smilin this morning isn't 

• Like 2

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Have to say as melted as this winter is. I am satiated with it. That blizzard was pretty much a decade event. Can't even complain about meltouts. Look forward to maybe a surprise Sat. Even an inch and a flash freeze could bring about a beautiful morning like this morning. Any snow lover who wasn't smiling this morning isn't 

Don't get me wrong, I love a deep snow pack, but seasonal total is more important to me....a year like 2004-2005 that had over a 100", but really only one interlude with deep pack didn't bother me. One of my favorite seasons. 1993-1994 was overrated in my mind because I was "only" like 10-15" above average.

4 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Don't get me wrong, I love a deep snow pack, but seasonal total is more important to me....a year like 2004-2005 that had over a 100", but really only one interlude with deep pack didn't bother me. One of my favorite seasons. 1993-1994 was overrated in my mind because I was "only" like 10-15" above average.

Like you said to each his own. You guys bust my chops about windex and minor events but that's my jam. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Like you said to each his own. You guys bust my chops about windex and minor events but that's myjam.

I honestly enjoyed a light to moderate wet, pasty snow that didn't screw me more than the I did the blizzard. 100% truthful.

12" of sand with fairly meager rates most of the day, while everyone around me gets 24-30"...compared to a quick 4.5" of scenic paste, while most other spots got 2" on the grass.

Honest to god truth, give me the latter...unless I am going for a seasonal record or something like that.

8 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Yeah I enjoy the snowfalls. I love a deep pack too...but as I get older...you start craving the big ones more vs worrying about a pack. At least for me. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I do find it interesting that we all have our personal favorite parts of winter / weather in general.

Some like high totals, some like pack, some like big events, some like high dews, temps etc, severe (ha!) 

Hopefully this thing Saturday is at least dynamic. I think we all agree if the storm is coming let it be interesting with winds, rates, duration, etc. Weaksauce spotty stuff is the worst. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

There are three storms that pissed me off to an extreme level and really left me bitter.

1) Dec 5, 2003

2) PD II

3) 1/29/22

Honorable Mention: The second in the sequence of double barrel event during December 1996.

When you mad, we glad?

• Weenie 1

11 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

There are three storms that pissed me off to an extreme level and really left me bitter.

1) Dec 5, 2003

2) PD II

3) 1/29/22

Dishonorable Mention: The second in the sequence of double barrel event during December 1996.

I definitely can't rattle off my biggest disappointments... must be a coping mechanism as I bury my disappointment.

12 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

1) Dec 5, 2003

2) PD II

3) 1/29/22

Dishonorable Mention: The second in the sequence of double barrel event during December 1996.

That's funny regarding 12/5/03. I got hosed in the other direction down in Marshfield. This area had about 20". 

1 minute ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I definitely can't rattle off my biggest disappointments... must be a coping mechanism as I bury my disappointment.

They don't have the sting like they used to. December 2019 and that storm last year on 2/2/21 disappointed, but I was kind of like, oh well. 

I think for me, I get aggravated over the seasons being lousy vs missing a storm. When you go for months and have 15" to show for it, Scooter Smash.

44 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

1) Dec 5, 2003

2) PD II

3) 1/29/22

March 2001 is my all time bitter storm 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

eh... who knows...   it certainly has a tarnished and dented crown lying around somewhere

Ya, I think it’s days of being so superior are long over. It’s just another piece of guidance now imo.  Let’s see if it can even hold firm on what it showed 6 hrs ago?