Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 12 Rain to…more rain? Maybe some snow

HoarfrostHubb

12 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

NAM was about to pound at hr 60 even here. I dunno lol.

Yeah the 3km was kind of crazy looking....like it looked like it would really try and crush after 00z as it was reinvigorating the front to the southwest with the potent H5 trough.

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

What do you make of the NAM NARCAN being so meager?

Prob mostly correct on the 12km which was less impressive than the 3km.... though it's likely too light in the elevations in N ORH county and Monads.

But obviously too early to really be worrying about clown maps as it is. Still too much model spread.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah the 3km was kind of crazy looking....like it looked like it would really try and crush after 00z as it was reinvigorating the front to the southwest with the potent H5 trough.

Is this similar to one of my all-time favorites...March 05?  That was really a Great Plains-style blizzard....plunging temps, 4" of snow, 50mph gusts...a traffic disaster down here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Go Kart Mozart said:

Is this similar to one of my all-time favorites...March 05?  That was really a Great Plains-style blizzard....plunging temps, 4" of snow, 50mph gusts...a traffic disaster down here.

I don't think this one has the flash freeze look that 3/8/05 had...it does bring cold air in eventually but it's not the super sharp flip like in '05....in that storm, I remember going from like 38-40F and heavy rain to maybe 27F in 2 hours. It was really fast. This one seems like it would have a more gradual drop with a longer period of temps near freezing when the flip happens. We'll see though....3km NAM was kind of doing it, though maybe not quite as fast as '05. It had that secondary pulse around 00z (and beyond if we could see another panel) where snow was ripping with temps falling into the 20s.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

I don't think this one has the flash freeze look that 3/8/05 had...it does bring cold air in eventually but it's not the super sharp flip like in '05....in that storm, I remember going from like 38-40F and heavy rain to maybe 27F in 2 hours. It was really fast. This one seems like it would have a more gradual drop with a longer period of temps near freezing when the flip happens. We'll see though....3km NAM was kind of doing it, though maybe not quite as fast as '05. It had that secondary pulse around 00z (and beyond if we could see another panel) where snow was ripping with temps falling into the 20s.

Looks I go from 36 to 27 in 3 hours. That will lock things up

• Like 1