Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 12 Rain to…more rain? Maybe some snow

HoarfrostHubb

37 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

This is wild especially with the wind. Goodbye winter 21-22. Thanks for a last gift 

At least it feels and looks like winter. It is better than at least 75 percent of the days this winter. Like you I am enjoying the snow wind and cold. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah those were modeled too on some hires. Wicked cool.

Yeah once that streamer came overhead all hell broke loose. Still going right now. This is prob like 2” per hour stuff. Perfect LES type dendrites. Wind is packing it though so we won’t be getting 25 to 1 ratios. 

11.3" storm total with still some upslope -SN ongoing. I had about 4" from the synoptic part of the storm, but the backside with it's upslope and streamers has definitely overachieved. Pure fluff except the synoptic stuff underneath which is denser, but still dry. 

That said, I've officially passed the 100" for the season with 102.2" as of now. It's been a frustrating winter locally, but it has at least earned a passing grade... 

• Like 2

This is honestly some of the “worst” winter conditions I’ve seen all year. These gusts are easily passing 40 every few minutes and the blizzard outside. Even when it’s light snow the wind is making an awesome ground blizzard. 

• Like 2

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

This is honestly some of the “worst” winter conditions I’ve seen all year. These gusts are easily passing 40 every few minutes and the blizzard outside. Even when it’s light snow the wind is making an awesome ground blizzard. 

you still under one of those streamers? those had surprising staying power, and like like they mean business

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yep, this is a nice storm. Great winter finale if this is it.

• Like 1

Man, this winter has been an unyielding  type of stingy here.  Although I was in one of the more favored areas of SNE, a lot of posters south and east of here ended up with more snow.  
I’m guessing I was just getting shadowed in every direction?   We had very little precipitation this morning then maybe an hour of mix rain and snow followed by an hour of SN/SN+ and then it just kind of shut off to flurries.   
we had another half hour burst of light to moderate around 3 PM but missed all of the streamers and heavier showers tonight.

Anyway we have the woodstove cranking and the driveway is a sheet of ice with some windswept powder  on top.  About 1” total for the day here. 
My coworker up in Colrain said 3” and another friend said about the same out at the base of Berkshire East.  The better totals were definitely NW towards Savoy and Mitch. 

• Like 1