• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
3/12 Significant Storm Likely (Rapidly Intensifying Coastal Storm with Heavy Rain/Wind Changing to possibly significant snow inland/some snow at the coast.

HVSnowLover

30 minutes ago, snowman19 said:

I tried warning people yesterday against using the Euro and the NAM, they made no sense given the setup but they chose to wishcast. The RGEM wins. How many times do ananfront snows actually work out here, in mid-March no less? I just got an inch and a half total snow. Especially when you have an arctic boundary cross the area, with NW flow behind it….the lee side downsloping dries everything right out like what we just saw with what fell apart from Pennsylvania….

RGEM which I like, did not do a good job farther N and W. Too warm and too little snow. I have about 6 inches with maybe another inch or so to come and it gave me a total of 3.5. It also had the changeover to snow about two hours later than what verified. That was the big difference. It did well south and east. 

A number of reports in Sussex County NJ are higher than my own and I could be conservative.  Difficult measuring here due to blowing-drifting-compaction of small flake snow. Now down to 21F with blowing drifting snow adding slush back onto treated-plowed roads. Vsby briefly down under 1/2Mile in blowing snow when gusts exceed ~30 MPH. Peak so far here 40 MPH in Wantage (306PM) with 3.1" so far.  Increasing reports of 45-50 MPH gusts NYC subforum including LI to KMPO.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, wdrag said:

A number of reports in Sussex County NJ are higher than my own and I could be conservative.  Difficult measuring here due to blowing-drifting-compaction of small flake snow. Now down to 21F with blowing drifting snow adding slush back onto treated-plowed roads. Vsby briefly down under 1/2Mile in blowing snow when gusts exceed ~30 MPH. Peak so far here 40 MPH in Wantage (306PM) with 3.1" so far.  Increasing reports of 45-50 MPH gusts NYC subforum including LI to KMPO.

It will be interesting to see what the approaching line will give us soon.

• Thanks 1