• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
3/12 Significant Storm Likely (Rapidly Intensifying Coastal Storm with Heavy Rain/Wind Changing to possibly significant snow inland/some snow at the coast.

HVSnowLover

6 minutes ago, bluewave said:

The snow behind the Arctic front into PA is lighter than the heavier slug of precipitation that accompanied the rapidly deepening low. The mesos did a good of showing this. Maybe we can get some heavier snow squalls tonight when the deep upper low rolls through. 

There are actually some good bursts of snow in the Harrisburg area right now.  The latest run of the HRRR is not too bullish on that area of snow translating to the east with much potency.

1 minute ago, BxSnowWx37 said:

I think our accumulations come later on..setting sun,dropping temps,snow squalls. Also the backend is still in pa..all that will swing thru,maybe with some enhancement as the upper level low comes by.

All that in central PA will dry up as it comes over the mountains and downslopes. Maybe there can be a coating with some snow squalls later under the trough. But overall a lame event. Finally seeing some snow flurries here. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

Yep. There were a couple NAM runs yesterday that gave me 5 inches for today's storm. It's a crazy overhype model that waffles back and forth. Can't trust it at all these days. RGEM is much better.

I heard the Canadian was the best model this year with all those great upgrades.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

All that in central PA will dry up as it comes over the mountains and downslopes. Maybe there can be a coating with some snow squalls later under the trough. But overall a lame event. Finally seeing some snow flurries here. 

Well it could be worse, boston is still liquid. The rain/snow line is crawling across new england now,taking its time..for us here we still have a chance of a surprize later on. The upper disturbance still has to come thru.

• Weenie 1

There are some very potent snow squalls in the Harrisburg area right now. There are some very low visibility’s associated with these.  On radar at least this activity is slowly translating to the east.  If anyone reading this is going to be traveling west into PA and west of Allentown I 78 is closed due to accidents at Hamburg.

1 minute ago, Brian5671 said:

RGEM FTW here-a very light coating of sleet/snow.    Was the model that never bit for eastern sections and once it again it was correct.

Yea it did best overall again! It was a little underdone and too warm for the HV but overall CMC/RGEM won this storm again.  

Just now, Brian5671 said:

Euro was horrid once again-had many runs with 2-5 inches here-not even close.

I tried warning people yesterday against using the Euro and the NAM, they made no sense given the setup but they chose to wishcast. The RGEM wins. How many times do ananfront snows actually work out here, in mid-March no less? I just got an inch and a half total snow. Especially when you have an arctic boundary cross the area, with NW flow behind it….the lee side downsloping dries everything right out like what we just saw with what fell apart from Pennsylvania….

• Like 2

1 minute ago, snowman19 said:

I tried warning people yesterday against using the Euro and the NAM, they made no sense given the setup but they chose to wishcast. The RGEM wins. How many times do ananfront snows actually work out here, in mid-March no less? I just got an inch and a half total snow. Especially when you have an arctic boundary cross the area, with NW flow behind it….the lee side downsloping dries everything right out like what we just saw with what fell apart from Pennsylvania….

Sam thing with the flash freeze talk-very rare around here.  These winds will dry out the roads in no time.

• Like 1