• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 11th-13th Winter Weather Event. Winter's last gasp?

Windspeed

3” here. Not a bad system. Some trees are down from the wind. It blew fiercely all night. About as close to a blizzard as we will get. The returns did lose some steam as they progressed in the NE valley. But I wouldn’t call it a snow hole this time. A very fun system to watch unfold dynamically.

• Like 3

We managed to to get to 3 to 3.5".   We would have gotten more had that little area of dry circulation not rotated through last night.  It wasn't downslope I don't think.  It was location to the track and that little mesoscale circulation of dry air which rotated through.  Overall, I thought models did really well with the exception being last minute trends.  

• Like 3

I measured 3" on the snowboard but got some 4-5" measurements in the yard. This is one where the patio table and back deck measurements will probably be especially high because of all the snow blowing off of the rooftops. OHX only measured 2.8" but lots of 4-5" reports around Nashville.

• Like 1

This is old school stuff.  Get a nice coastal and then it snows for hours after as the moisture is just wrung out of the atmosphere.  

That band was super intense. Like you said the visibility down to nothing. It was tough driving for a little bit. Roads got very white. About as hard as it can snow.

On the north side of the band the sun is peaking through the clouds.

23 degrees.
  • Like 5

Just now, 1234snow said:

That band was super intense. Like you said the visibility down to nothing. It was tough driving for a little bit. Roads got very white. About as hard as it can snow.

23 degrees.

Yeah, I think my totals are pushing 3.5-4" now.  I will go get a measurement in a sec.  Nice way to close out this storm.  

• Like 3

23 degrees.

If that sun will peak through a little, lapse rates will go through the roof

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, 1234snow said:

23 degrees.

I have 4" of snow on the back patio table and 5" in the garden.  I wasn't over 3-3.5" in any of those places until that band roared through.  It dropped a solid, additional 1-1.5" of snow here.

• Like 7

I have 4" of snow on the back patio table and 5" in the garden.  I wasn't over 3-3.5" in any of those places until that band roared through.  It dropped a solid, additional 1-1.5" of snow here.

I can believe it. That band was really cranking.

Another small band is moving over the house now. Winds are ripping with this one.
  • Like 6

5 minutes ago, 1234snow said:

I can believe it. That band was really cranking.

Another small band is moving over the house now. Winds are ripping with this one.

Grassy areas are crazy deep.  The golf course might have 6" in the short rough.  There is more in the neighborhood if you get away from trees.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Carvers Gap said:

We managed to to get to 3 to 3.5".   We would have gotten more had that little area of dry circulation not rotated through last night.  It wasn't downslope I don't think.  It was location to the track and that little mesoscale circulation of dry air which rotated through.  Overall, I thought models did really well with the exception being last minute trends.  

I think you are correct about this. It wasn’t downslope in my opinion (at least not in my area). Some models had a hint of a meso- low on this side of the mountains. It wasn’t much, but even a short lull can make a significant difference when rates are high.

• Like 3

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic