• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 11th-13th Winter Weather Event. Winter's last gasp?

Windspeed

1 minute ago, Dsty2001 said:

Just from eyeballing it looks like maybe 3, possibly 4.  But I haven't had a chance to go outside and officially check yet lol

That’s cool I moved out to the lake outside of Russellville, so lost some elevation now, unfortunately will probably pay the price each time it snows. My wife and daughter had to go to a cheer competition this AM in Sevierville-she said it was heavier in Morristown where I used to live. She said she only had 1 place where the road was slick.

• Like 2

I do wonder what happened, when I went to bed the radar looked healthy and the snow was starting to fall at a good pace.  Really expected to wake up to about 5", regardless I'm happy just to see any snow in March

It's crazy, apparently there were areas where the radar looked great but had very little snow falling. Uncle Nasty said it happened to him for a while in Nooga. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, John1122 said:

It's crazy, apparently there were areas where the radar looked great but had very little snow falling. Uncle Nasty said it happened to him for a while in Nooga. 

Wonder if the colder air actually hurt us this time, higher ratio'd snow will have a harder time sticking on the ground especially if its wet.

Wonder if the colder air actually hurt us this time, higher ratio'd snow will have a harder time sticking on the ground especially if its wet.

No. Colder is always better for sticking snow. For some reason snow just wasn't getting to the ground in areas to the East. Most likely some dry air pulled over the mountains. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, John1122 said:

No. Colder is always better for sticking snow. For some reason snow just wasn't getting to the ground in areas to the East. Most likely some dry air pulled over the mountains. 

Seems like I saw a post from carver earlier this AM about a meso-low running up the spine of the apps or maybe even just this side. Could that have robbed this area or created a slight downslope component

So you're supposed to find the deepest area in your yard for official measurement, right? The place where the spring grass was already tall?
:weenie:
Rnbl1rZ.png

Real final total will probably be around 6.5.     Beer can is officially covered. 

I have some drifts in my backyard that had to be 18”. I was wearing hiking boots and they disappeared

• Like 2

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic