• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 11th-13th Winter Weather Event. Winter's last gasp?

Windspeed

Here in West Knox near Ceader Bluff we tend to get less than most areas in all events.   This event seems to be holding to that rule.  We might have 3 inches and It has been snowing since around 1:15.  We have only had a very short times with heaver rates.

`

\\\\\\\

]`

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bearman said:

Here in West Knox near Ceader Bluff we tend to get less than most areas in all events.   This event seems to be holding to that rule.  We might have 3 inches and It has been snowing since around 1:15.  We have only had a very short times with heaver rates.

`

\\\\\\\

]`

Honestly, 3 inches in roughly 3 hours is pretty good. I'd guess you get another 1 to 2. 

• Like 2

It's a rare but welcome sight for a weather weenies tired eyes. At last in the dead of night, it has arrived. You had about written the season off but a week or two prior. You looked under a skeptical lense as a potential storm presented itself mere days prior. Surely the models had one too many... Now at last you look out your window to what appears a winter wonderland in the 11th hour. You then look to the radar only to see a solid ocean of deep blue and can't help but grin. "Finally!"

IMG_20220312_043425120.jpg

IMG_20220312_043442474-min.jpg

• Like 8

Looks like for once the modeled changeover was actually realized. In fact, according to CC I may have changed well before the HRRR said I would. 

easy 1.5" Right now with moderate rates and 30.4 temp.  Edges of asphalt is covered and I imagine in the next few hrs a flash freeze will happen as temps keep falling into the 20s

• Like 3

The snow is about wrap up here. Radar returns look like we might have a few minutes remaining. Nice little 2" snow for Ooltewah. We finally have a white ground without all the grass sticking out. I did 10 measurements around the yard and my board. 2" average. Can't really get accurate readings in the yard with the grass underneath the snow. Congrats to the folks from Athens and north! Y'all had an exceptional Winter!

These are pictures of our small snow. I want to see the big dog pictures from [mention=499]John1122[/mention] [mention=1307]Stovepipe[/mention] and others!6bd70cb0a8351697f02d7ca8419559be.jpgbee8ec2466e59106a6e9a3aa77ca6b47.jpgf8fe8210b160d3a787cfb1800a2529ea.jpg

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

• Like 6

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic