• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 11th-13th Winter Weather Event. Winter's last gasp?

Windspeed

9 minutes ago, jrips27 said:

So sick man. You’re going to get crushed. I would’ve never made it up that way with how late I had to leave Atlanta. I’m enjoying the hell out of it in a Walmart parking lot in Athens! About 2 inches here I would estimate. Wind still howling!

Yeah, this is 75 here right now. The hotel I recommended is right there at the darkest red near Pioneer. 

EvoPRt.jpg

• Like 2

I don't know what to make of that on the radar but not falling. I've seen the opposite but never seen that in the middle of a storm. 
We were in a lull over 1 hour with just a few flurries. It just started back a few minutes ago. It's the powder type snow but at least it's coming down again. Hopefully we can squeeze out an inch or 2. I guess I can't complain considering where we live. Originally I said I'd be happy to see snow coming down. If we get a few inches that will be a win for us!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, John1122 said:

Are you home or did you say you were visiting someone since Boone was cancelled?

I'm at home in MoCo. I went up to visit family in Kingsport, but came back. Looks like I slept through thundersnow. :( 

The ceremonial beer can has been placed:

k5YWZMj.png

Probably more like 4.5", but based on radar, looks like more is coming. 

• Like 5

Getting into the meat and potatoes of the winter storm now. With 2" on the ground the fat flakes have been replaced with a steady stream of fine flakes like those stovepipe mentioned earlier. The main road has cleared though I don't suspect it will remain that way with some of the heavier bands coming up the valley. Currently on track for the biggest snowfall of the season barring a dry slot.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Holston_River_Rambler said:

I'm at home in MoCo. I went up to visit family in Kingsport, but came back. Looks like I slept through thundersnow. :( 

The ceremonial beer can has been placed:

k5YWZMj.png

Probably more like 4.5", but based on radar, looks like more is coming. 

There's a very heavy band just to our west working this way. 

• Like 1

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic