• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 11th-13th Winter Weather Event. Winter's last gasp?

Windspeed

The concrete must be much cooler than the asphalt. All our driveway and sidewalks are covered but the road is just wet. 32.4°.

We seem to be in a lull. Very small flakes and not coming down hard at all. It went from fatties to almost nothing. I really hope it kicks back up. I don't trust the radar returns as it can show really heavy rain and snow here when actual ground reports are light.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Just now, Hurricaneguy said:

Definitely feeling that valley dry air. Nothing yet this way since the heavy rain moved out. Need to pick up in the next hour if we expect to hit 5-6 inches 

Yeah, I think that is out the window for TRI.  1-2" is reasonable for TRI at this point.  Looks like a mesoscale low rotated up the spine of the Apps and into TRI.  I thought it was downslope, but it originated south and rotated over the mountains.  Maybe we get some wrap around here.   It was almost like being under the eye of a hurricane.  It will likely cut precip totals here significantly.  Hopefully I am wrong.

Glad to see the Knoxville folks getting some great thunder snow though!!!

• Sad 1

The radar looks impressive at my house but I can confirm you have to squint to even see a small flake in the lights. It came down hard for 1 hour and then went "POOF". Had a report of a wreck near our exit and 75 N is bad in Ooltewah. I can't confirm that, just going by reports.e64c97a32aff1ccec24195e7b9828635.jpg

53d1517b3e97e1175a52decc846d8520.jpg

19 minutes ago, Uncle Nasty said:

The radar looks impressive at my house but I can confirm you have to squint to even see a small flake in the lights. It came down hard for 1 hour and then went "POOF". Had a report of a wreck near our exit and 75 N is bad in Ooltewah. I can't confirm that, just going by reports.e64c97a32aff1ccec24195e7b9828635.jpg

53d1517b3e97e1175a52decc846d8520.jpg

I don't know what to make of that on the radar but not falling. I've seen the opposite but never seen that in the middle of a storm. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, John1122 said:

If I can get 4 more hours of this, that 15 inch total the GFS tossed out at 0z is going to be darn close. 

So sick man. You’re going to get crushed. I would’ve never made it up that way with how late I had to leave Atlanta. I’m enjoying the hell out of it in a Walmart parking lot in Athens! About 2 inches here I would estimate. Wind still howling!

• Like 2

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic