• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 11th-13th Winter Weather Event. Winter's last gasp?

Windspeed

The sleet is stubborn. Still hanging on to 80% sleet. CC drop is very close on radar though. 
We are just about 100% snow in Ooltewah. It literally took 5 minutes for the flower bed to turn white. I know it's just a flower bed but it's sticking faster than I expected. Typical things like grills, etc. are white. Surprisingly our sidewalk and driveway kept a little of the sleet. Hopefully that will allow for quicker accumulations.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Shocker0 said:

When I first clicked I saw flakes in the left side of the screen just blowing around randomly and for some reason I thought it was bees or insects for a second haha. It just looked way out of place compared to the rest of the video lol.

I guess its blowing around the building in different directions. 

Noticed when looking across my property towards light on my garage the trees look shiny almost like during the mixing and change over earlier, there may have been a brief bout of freezing rain as well. The trees are glistening. Currently sitting about .5" snow and 30 degrees.cf1767d28413bcc121e119575db2e8a7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Is it me or am I looking at the radar wrong? The precip shield rolling through from SW to NE looks like a typical frontal passage. Put in motion I don't see any pivot at all, it just slides west to east. Maybe my thinking was off when I thought the snow would be wrapping around more instead of sliding west to east, if that makes sense.

• Like 2

Progress of the CC drop has stalled out and I remain mostly sleet. That’s pretty discouraging. 
That's crazy because you aren't that far from me. I'm 1 mile from the Ooltewah exit. Roof tops are white, cars are white and it's finally sticking to the grass. The mulch turned white fast. You should be all snow any minute I would think

1 minute ago, Uncle Nasty said:

That's crazy because you aren't that far from me. I'm 1 mile from the Ooltewah exit. Roof tops are white, cars are white and it's finally sticking to the grass. The mulch turned white fast. You should be all snow any minute I would think

The sleet snow line is as plain as day on RadarScope. Everything south and East of a line drawn from red bank to Ooltewah is sleet. It’s been stalled there for an hour. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Uncle Nasty said:

Is it me or am I looking at the radar wrong? The precip shield rolling through from SW to NE looks like a typical frontal passage. Put in motion I don't see any pivot at all, it just slides west to east. Maybe my thinking was off when I thought the snow would be wrapping around more instead of sliding west to east, if that makes sense.

Anafrontal snow. I think we had about the same thing on January 3rd.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ShawnEastTN said:

Small flakes imby, but man it's pouring it. Visibility is crazy low and the wind blows it around in curtains. Doesn't feel or look like a typical southern snow, feel very midwestern blowing snow type snow.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Was just outside, and had the same thought. Very similar to snows we had in Missouri 

• Like 2

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic