• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 11th-13th Winter Weather Event. Winter's last gasp?

Windspeed

1 minute ago, Dsty2001 said:

Is it very fine snow Shocker?  Reminds me of some super high ratio snow I've seen before

Yeah it's fine, barely can see it when I look at my security cam, but when I go outside it's really obvious in the street light. There is no snow on my vehicle to note because of how dry and windy it is.

• Like 1

The fine powder is high ratio and it piles up fast. I had 11 inches in 3 hours during the blizzard and flakes were dime sized. There were just so many of them falling it was like a fog cloud on the ground. Similar conditions now. The blizzard lasted for almost 24 hours, this one is going to last 5 or 6 or we would be looking at 2 feet. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dsty2001 said:

Is it very fine snow Shocker?  Reminds me of some super high ratio snow I've seen before

[edit]

Doesn't seem like it would accumulate quick but from my experience it does

I was disappointed because I thought it had quit earlier lol, even though it still showed on radar. Then I went outside and could see it clearly.  It's 24 here now and feels like 10. Unusual for such high ratio snow in Mid-March. It's just blowing everywhere so not gonna be the "pretty" snow like usual probably but will add up quicker maybe.

25 degrees and a blustery snow. Flakes aren't huge, but everything is white. Probably at an inch so far. I am thinking I get to 4 inches max here on the middle plateau. Hoping I'm wrong but this system is moving fast 

I didn’t want to be the first one who said that but yeah it’s flying. Hopefully if it pivots the back edge will slow down

7 minutes ago, John1122 said:

Down in LaFollette, roads are now covered. 

https://www.resortcams.com/webcams/downtown-lafollette-tn/

When I first clicked I saw flakes in the left side of the screen just blowing around randomly and for some reason I thought it was bees or insects for a second haha. It just looked way out of place compared to the rest of the video lol.

4 minutes ago, John1122 said:

The fine powder is high ratio and it piles up fast. I had 11 inches in 3 hours during the blizzard and flakes were dime sized. There were just so many of them falling it was like a fog cloud on the ground. Similar conditions now. The blizzard lasted for almost 24 hours, this one is going to last 5 or 6 or we would be looking at 2 feet. 

Which blizzard are you referring to ?

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic