• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 11th-13th Winter Weather Event. Winter's last gasp?

Windspeed

At this point I’m looking for the fly in the ointment. I can’t help but notice robust convection originating in the gulf around 200 miles due south of the FL/AL border. It is persistent and appears unmoving. I’m wondering what affect it will have on moisture transport later if it doesn’t clear.

If it’s moving the same speed as the system wouldn’t that keep it out in front of the moisture return?

6 minutes ago, John1122 said:

NM, I read the tweet wrong. They were launching it with heavy snow falling. The balloon didn't get heavy and fall. 

Little Rock NWS tried to send a weather balloon up but its snowing so hard the snow weighted it down and it came back. The snow was sticking on pavement and all there. 

Lol...I was about to say. Never heard of that before.

• Like 1

Band of snow is quickly knocking at Memphis’ doorstep. Looks like no problem turning to snow there. High of 68 today. I still have my doubts for NETN and Scott County, VA snowhole that has been a big feature this year. I feel strongly that game is on for most of the Valley and Plateau. I hope everyone enjoys the snow.

It is the 29th anniversary of the Superstorm of 93. Something about March 12th.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

At this point I’m looking for the fly in the ointment. I can’t help but notice robust convection originating in the gulf around 200 miles due south of the FL/AL border. It is persistent and appears unmoving. I’m wondering what affect it will have on moisture transport later if it doesn’t clear.
We came north in the Gulf yesterday from Cozumel to Mobile. It was unsettled out there yesterday and I had a feeling it was gonna become more organized then.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TellicoWx said:

Folks already giving Little Rock mets a rough time on social media lol...posting pics measuring 2"-3" saying "yep, looks like a dusting"

My uncle who lives in the UP of Michigan considers 2-3" a dusting. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Knoxtron said:

Showing about 7" at my house near Mghee Tyson. My wife and I live on a steep gravel road, about 1/2 mile long, with somewhat unforgiving asphalt roads around our house

We are having our first child Monday morning (via c-section)!!!!

You guys think roads would be an issue at all early Monday morning? Looks to be below freezing when we head to the hospital at 4AM. 

I have plenty of salt and a leaf blower just in case haha I know it's overkill but you can't be to careful 

Please for the love of God..DO NOT PUT SALT on a GRAVEL road.. you can think me later

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic