• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 11th-13th Winter Weather Event. Winter's last gasp?

Windspeed

10 minutes ago, bearman said:

That trend is not our freind.   Lets hope it does not continue.

There have been a few events this winter that initially looked like big events for the valley but then ended up being like an inch. That has been in the back of my mind. Let's hope this is the one that works out. 

Not sure one run constitutes a trend, but lets hope no more runs follow suit

That trend is not our freind.   Lets hope it does not continue.

18z was never an option and really only the NAM went crazy. 0z is more in line with what we have seen the last 24 hours but we don’t need anymore corrections. It does bother me that the theme this season has been a big shift in the 11th hour though.

There have been a few events this winter that initially looked like big events for the valley but then ended up being like an inch. That has been in the back of my mind. Let's hope this is the one that works out. 

Those setups had a lot more moving parts and they were not good looks like this one. Not saying this one will end up being a HR for everyone but I will take my chances with this system almost every time.

Any suggestions on a good place to head up to tomorrow night? Might take a trip up from Atlanta. Looking for maximum snowfall obviously :weenie: A decent sized town not too far off the interstate would be nice.

I trust y’all’s knowledge of the terrain and sweet spot. Thanks y’all! 

Just now, jrips27 said:

Any suggestions on a good place to head up to tomorrow night? Might take a trip up from Atlanta. Looking for maximum snowfall obviously :weenie: decent sized town not too far off the interstate would be nice.

Crossville or Exit 141 here in Campbell County if you can get a hotel room there. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, jrips27 said:

Any suggestions on a good place to head up to tomorrow night? Might take a trip up from Atlanta. Looking for maximum snowfall obviously :weenie: decent sized town not too far off the interstate would be nice.

Somewhere on the Cumberland Plateau would be my best guess but I'll defer that to somebody with more knowledge of the Plateau

3 minutes ago, jrips27 said:

Any suggestions on a good place to head up to tomorrow night? Might take a trip up from Atlanta. Looking for maximum snowfall obviously :weenie: A decent sized town not too far off the interstate would be nice.

Maybe a little further than you would want to go, Breaks Interstate Park has a lodge, full restaurant, etc. 

https://www.breakspark.com

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, PowellVolz said:

Those setups had a lot more moving parts and they were not good looks like this one. Not saying this one will end up being a HR for everyone but I will take my chances with this system almost every time.

Yeah, that's true. This track is typically money. And 3 inches is my goal, so I will not be disappointed with the lighter totals. Just don't want to be fringed really. 

6 minutes ago, jrips27 said:

John, or anyone, I agree Campbell county is good, but doesn't 75 get a little rough sometimes? Maybe that is closer to the KY border. I don't know, but it just seems even when it is a lighter snow that 75 is always a mess. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, jrips27 said:

A cabin in Pickett State park would probably be a good option. 

5 minutes ago, Silas Lang said:

Yeah, that's true. This track is typically money. And 3 inches is my goal, so I will not be disappointed with the lighter totals. Just don't want to be fringed really. 

John, or anyone, I agree Campbell county is good, but doesn't 75 get a little rough sometimes? Maybe that is closer to the KY border. I don't know, but it just seems even when it is a lighter snow that 75 is always a mess. 

75 in that area will be awful while it's snowing. But the hotel is about 500 feet off it. There's a couple of restaurants and a gas station there. They had about a foot from the Jan 17th system. 

Just now, Silas Lang said:

One thing that is really surprising me is the temps. Once it starts snowing, it stays cold. A lot of models have temps in the 20s. In mid March. Kind of nuts really. I thought they would be more of a cause for concern. 

That's the best part of the system to me. The cold air is abundant and it grows colder as the system unfolds. 

• Like 2

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic