• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 11th-13th Winter Weather Event. Winter's last gasp?

Windspeed

3 minutes ago, Mrwolf1972 said:

I think nws is downplaying this to much I may be wrong we shall see.

MRX's favorite statements are "too warm to stick" or "high sun angle"  Don't get me wrong, in a lot of cases they are right.  But I also seem to remember many cases it's bit them in the butt.  I've watched a foot of snow fall after nearly a week of temps in the 70s when I lived up in Maryland

6 minutes ago, Wurbus said:

Wouldn't surprise me if it trended more to plateau/Nashville area. It has done that this whole winter it seems.

Live by the NAM and die by the NAM.  LOL.  No idea which way that trends in actuality, but that would fit the seasonal trend.  That said, the NAM is squirrelly as all get out...at this range.  It just moved the snow axis about 250 miles.  Will be interesting to see where other modeling ends up.  It was quite a bit north(really wound up) and had energy transfer.  We will see if that is the trend.

• Like 2

Maybe I’m wrong but it seems like the NAM always leads the way with the first big adjustment. Maybe it’s too amped which would pull it NW but if it doesn’t start to move back on the next run or two, the valley is in trouble IMO. Hopefully it’s bias is showing up

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Bigbald said:

Going to be tough looking at brown ground at ktri (once again) but probably a fitting end to a bad winter imby.  

American modeling has been ho-hum for sure.  Seems like other modeling is a bit better.  We are either going to find that non-American modeling was too flat or the NAM/GFS were too amped.  I would slightly favor over-amped for American modeling, but only slightly.  

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic