• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 9: Little Critter that could part 2.

Sey-Mour Snow

21 minutes ago, wxmanmitch said:

Looks like ~4" of fluff here so far. I wasn't expecting more than 2-3" and we have plenty to go. Maybe I can pull a 6-8"?

Nice....we were talking earlier about that region potentially being a sneaky jackpot but it was starting to take away from the CT discussion so we stopped. Looks like that weenie banding is performing there with good snow growth,

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Nice....we were talking earlier about that region potentially being a sneaky jackpot but it was starting to take away from the CT discussion so we stopped. Looks like that weenie banding is performing there with good snow growth,

You’ve been all over that jack good call , back to ACATT Kevin will be a secondary jack too probably.

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Nice band over NE CT

1 minute ago, Modfan2 said:

Nice band over NE CT

Yeah we just had a blob go through here that dropped a couple quick tenths....we've only been snowing for about an hour....at least steadily. Hoping to catch that Windham county stuff though the best might be a bit south of me

Mar9_320pmRadar.gif

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Same here. Looks nice. Just started 2:45ish.

Yeah I had a brief period of light snow around lunch time but then basically weenie flakes for another hour until it started for real around 45 min to an hour ago. It only got heavier in the past 30 min. 

FYI the NWS brought back the classic radar (local WSR88D and regional) for low bandwidth. The resolution isn't as good as it used to be but it is significantly more functional and usable than that absolute abortion they released at the end of 2020. For those that don't have weathertap or radarscope or other paid services.

NWS Local Standard Radar (weather.gov)

NWS Standard Radar Mosaics (weather.gov)

112311Capture.PNG

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

I don't expect more than an inch or two, but nice to see anyways. Pasty wet snow. Evergreen branches drooping like Kevin's mouth when nrn CT is not mentioned in a weather discussion.

Any updated thoughts on how much N CT might get? You always mention what your thoughts are for E MA. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I don't expect more than an inch or two, but nice to see anyways. Pasty wet snow. Evergreen branches drooping like Kevin's mouth when nrn CT is not mentioned in a weather discussion.

After losing the first few hours to dry air and legit warm ground concerns, 1-2 inches would be a win! Elevation will also help in the metro area (e.g., Jerry's area should do better than coast). 

In any case, nice to see grass start to whiten.

Looks like next batch of good returns is incoming on Tilt4->Tilt1

2 minutes ago, wxsniss said:

After losing the first few hours to dry air and legit warm ground concerns, 1-2 inches would be a win! Elevation will also help in the metro area (e.g., Jerry's area should do better than coast). 

In any case, nice to see grass start to whiten.

Looks like next batch of good returns is incoming on Tilt4->Tilt1

I had 1-3 here, but 3 isn't happening. Not sure 2 will, but nice to see anyways.