• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 9: Little Critter that could part 2.

Sey-Mour Snow

Just now, The 4 Seasons said:

Long Island which is about 15-20 miles south of the CT shoreline picked up 1-2". Thats pretty impressive for a non-CT location that is due south of CT

Not too many reports thus far though

12322Capture.PNG.fb02e30ece43956dc5e2429a2de36831.PNG

I have about 2” here in northern Suffolk County. Looks like we’re about done but moderate snow/sleet/grauple now. 

1 hour ago, NeonPeon said:

It's snowing now, which for all sensible effects is trivia. But, not for me. An opportunity to say goodbye to winter.

Rain has been changing to snow from west to east. It has been pretty much all snow in Western New England, but a lot of places under 500 feet were getting a rain mix in central and eastern SNE.

We changed over to snow an hour ago so you should be changing over any time now I would expect. 

Somehow I feel like Me and Neon Peon are among the folks getting screwed the most with this so far since it has been hours of light rain snow mix before it finally got down to business.

3 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

nice congrats, i bet you were expecting next to nothing. 

I live in a relatively elevated, cold part of Long Island so I was hoping for something out of it but a nice ending to the winter and gets me to just about seasonal average. I’m at 31” after this event (assuming this is it). Just south of me near the south shore has pretty much nothing or had white rain all day. Very marginal where anything helps. 

21 minutes ago, IowaStorm05 said:

Rain has been changing to snow from west to east. It has been pretty much all snow in Western New England, but a lot of places under 500 feet were getting a rain mix in central and eastern SNE.

We changed over to snow an hour ago so you should be changing over any time now I would expect. 

Somehow I feel like Me and Neon Peon are among the folks getting screwed the most with this so far since it has been hours of light rain snow mix before it finally got down to business.

Ill never buy into a relatively minor event producing much of anything right on the coast in liminal temps. Can't get screwed if you don't expect anything.

I went on a nice long walk in a rain jacket. If winter didn't want to say goodbye nicely, it can choose the good riddance strategy.