• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 9: Little Critter that could part 2.

Sey-Mour Snow

3 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

06z runs are coming in pretty zonked so far after 00z was a bit tame. 

Hence my earlier post…never any consistency this season. Absolutely horrid model performance as we close in on a system, even the day of it’s all over the place. Is this the new modeling that’s gonna  be with us from now on? What a shame. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Some of the guidance like rt 2 area. Might be a local jack there.

There’s going to be a band up north somewhere (whether it’s the pike, rt 2, or near the NH border) that probably does better than forecasts. Prob like a 6” fluff job because the crosshair sig is really good there. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

There’s going to be a band up north somewhere (whether it’s the pike, rt 2, or near the NH border) that probably does better than forecasts. Prob like a 6” fluff job because the crosshair sig is really good there. 

Yeah I see that too. I'd probably put an advisory out for the higher spots at least in CT through central MA.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Don't even dismiss. So dumb. Just make it a regular day.

Exactly , in our towns case we had an early dismissal already (every Wednesday) but they are doing an “emergency dismissal”  90 minutes earlier lol … just cancel the damn day instead of making transportation harder, letting out 90 minutes earlier makes no difference. 

20 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Exactly , in our towns case we had an early dismissal already (every Wednesday) but they are doing an “emergency dismissal”  90 minutes earlier lol … just cancel the damn day instead of making transportation harder, letting out 90 minutes earlier makes no difference. 

That's weird.  My daughter's district has a half day 1 Wednesday of every month. Happens to be today.  She will be home before it is even snowing.

Granted, it will come into CT sooner, but should not be an issue on the roads... March, temps might be above freezing.

36 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Just don’t get dismissing during the middle of peak threat of heavy snow rates here. 

Had that happen one year in high school. It was right around the time of the near-Thanksgiving storm. 2004? 

Schools were getting out half day and by the time we got out we already had like 4'' of snow and roads were terrible.