• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 9: Little Critter that could part 2.

Sey-Mour Snow

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Shave some of that off for lower spots though. 

With BL Temps, and to add on top of that this time of year I'm always in fear of a pure white rain event at elevations less than 200 or so.

Hell we had one on Jan 3rd 2006. I got less than an inch of glop while a short drive north over 350ft got 7" in the same town. That was a painful burn that I'll never forget. 

53 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

With BL Temps, and to add on top of that this time of year I'm always in fear of a pure white rain event at elevations less than 200 or so.

Hell we had one on Jan 3rd 2006. I got less than an inch of glop while a short drive north over 350ft got 7" in the same town. That was a painful burn that I'll never forget. 

dude I remember that, my birthday storm that year, got 2" of grap chicken stars soup stuff in Waterbury,  while prospect got like 8-10" just a few miles away

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, tavwtby said:

dude I remember that, my birthday storm that year, got 2" of grap chicken stars soup stuff in Waterbury,  while prospect got like 8-10" just a few miles away

Given the widespread hilly terrain induced snowfall differences across much of CT, including portions of Fairfield and New Haven counties, road conditions can vary tremendously across one town...  Just another item in the mix that school districts try to determine the best course of action.  I remember storms where you could literally have a normal school day on the south side of Wolcott, but it was a no go across the north side of town near the Bristol border.  Unfortunately, there they don't cancel schools for just a certain number of streets.   Tomorrow comes down to snowfall rates and whether or not DPW crews can keep roads mainly wet or a bit slushy if rates stay under 1" per hour.   The answer should be yes, but if an area gets into solid banding for 2 or 3 hours then all bets are off...

10 minutes ago, FXWX said:

Given the widespread hilly terrain induced snowfall differences across much of CT, including portions of Fairfield and New Haven counties, road conditions can vary tremendously across one town...  Just another item in the mix that school districts try to determine the best course of action.  I remember storms where you could literally have a normal school day on the south side of Wolcott, but it was a no go across the north side of town near the Bristol border.  Unfortunately, there they don't cancel schools for just a certain number of streets.   Tomorrow comes down to snowfall rates and whether or not DPW crews can keep roads mainly wet or a bit slushy if rates stay under 1" per hour.   The answer should be yes, but if an area gets into solid banding for 2 or 3 hours then all bets are off...

absolutely, I recall a storm in the late 90s that was brutal on the roads both on top of Meriden Rd and the top of 69 wolcott/bristol line area, also across town in bunker hill while downtown was glop

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

The extremely low dews are the sign that the airmass is pretty cold from a wetbulb perspective. Pretty classic for March actually.

Yep, sort of the faux warmth. But I don't think this airmass feels particularly cold, just could enough to support snow.