• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 9 Rain/Snow Event (Possibility of a few inches of wet snow for much of the subforum, most likely north and west of NYC)

HVSnowLover

29 minutes ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

It’s no mystery what’s going on here and it has been all season.

The NWS has dropped the ball again, as they have so many times in years past, regarding snowfall measurements at Central Park. Look at every event this season and the Park has under measured, or not measured at all, every event. When they had the Conservancy measure the last several years it was better although not perfect. I’m not sure what they’re doing this year but it’s time to start applying pressure again. It’s ridiculous that the largest city in the country can’t measure snowfall with any consistency. 

I don’t even want to get started on all of the historic storms they have under measured through the decades. 

you can go back to January 2000 when they didn't measure after midnight making a 6" storm a 5.5" storm...Central Park averaged 29.9" of snowfall since 1990...it probably would be over 30" if the little ones were measured right...

• Thanks 2

On 3/8/2022 at 7:17 AM, jm1220 said:

Upton still not biting whatsoever. Has it as a rain snow mix for most, under 1" near the coast and 1-2" north of the city. I'm thinking that's about what it'll be unless it comes in as a heavy wall. If it's scattered/light to moderate it'll struggle to accumulate anywhere and might mix with rain. 

Good call.  What I don't understand is how the timing on Monday was off by about 18 hours (or was it)?

• Rjay unpinned this topic