• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 9 Rain/Snow Event (Possibility of a few inches of wet snow for much of the subforum, most likely north and west of NYC)

HVSnowLover

1 minute ago, jm1220 said:

Looks like a Round 2 coming, maybe some additional accumulation if it can be mod-heavy. 

The upper level low is transferring to the coast,we are gonna get rocked if that band doesn't move much while it interacts with the new low off the coast. 

This storm is/was (at least for coastal locations) all according to where the better dynamics and heaviest snowfall lasted the longest. Generally like almost every storm system this season, it has moved too fast and most of the intensity has slipped eastward too quickly for coastal sections. Most of the remainder is either non-accumulating wet snow and then eventually just plain drizzle and fog. The next chance is Saturday and after than perhaps March 23rd-24th. 

WX/PT

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Elevation probably played a role. I’m at 200 ft while the shore definitely isn’t, and I’m further inland where it radiated better last night and we started off colder. That said it’s tapering off now and probably not much additional accumulating with the high sun angle and it being 33. 

This would be 4-6” if it was a month earlier with a few degree colder temps and better ratios. I guess it’s a decent winter sending though. 

In Long Beach it did snow for a little while but now it’s back to light rain and nothing stuck. This time of year it gets tough for the city and shore unless it’s quite cold or at night. 

wow theres a difference between Long Beach and here too as we had a powdery coating on colder surfaces....this was sort of like what we had in late November here.

5 minutes ago, Wxoutlooksblog said:

It's according to the dynamics. When intensity drops off it becomes more rain/sleet than snow and vica versa..

WX/PT

Its not snowing that hard here at all and it's sticking, it did flip to sleet around 12 for a little while, i'm honestly surprised it's sticking as it's 33 and I'm at the border of NYC. 

• Like 2

• Rjay unpinned this topic